The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Accommodation

Hi, I’ve been accepted to do a PGCE primary in Liverpool starting sept 2022. I don’t know Liverpool at all and I’m wondering what areas are best for living in and what are the best places to search for rooms to rent? I’m thinking renting a room in a shared flat might be best.
Original post by Louisemoore96
Hi, I’ve been accepted to do a PGCE primary in Liverpool starting sept 2022. I don’t know Liverpool at all and I’m wondering what areas are best for living in and what are the best places to search for rooms to rent? I’m thinking renting a room in a shared flat might be best.

Hi :smile:

You have two options in terms of types of accommodation. We offer our PGCE students accommodation on our Aigburth Park residential campus which is located 15 minutes away from campus by bus. Aigburth Park is located 5 minutes from Sefton Park and Lark Lane which has a wide range of shops, bars and coffee shops.

Alternatively, if you wanted to look into private accommodation, have a look into the areas of Smithdown Road or Kensington. Smithdown Road is the main student area where lots of people share houses and much like lark lane has lots of bars, shops and supermarkets. Kensington is a 10 minute walk to the city centre but is a lot more affordable and has a wide range of student houses. There will be lots of different sites where you can search for accommodation but it also may be worth having a look on Facebook groups where students post spare rooms available to rent.

I hope this helps!

Laura
Liverpool
Visit website
Original post by Louisemoore96

I'm guessing you don't want to go to student halls then, is that right? I just want to politely remind you that the best areas to live in are also the most expensive. But depending where in the UK you're from, you might find it cheap (ie from down south)! Best areas are places like Allerton, Childwall, Mossley Hill, Aigburth, Woolton and Calderstones and as a student, living in town is pretty great too. I know Liverpool very well as I've lived here my whole life and studied at uni here too so let me know if you need any more help
Original post by Anonymous
I'm guessing you don't want to go to student halls then, is that right? I just want to politely remind you that the best areas to live in are also the most expensive. But depending where in the UK you're from, you might find it cheap (ie from down south)! Best areas are places like Allerton, Childwall, Mossley Hill, Aigburth, Woolton and Calderstones and as a student, living in town is pretty great too. I know Liverpool very well as I've lived here my whole life and studied at uni here too so let me know if you need any more help

Hey @Louisemoore96

This is very true! Liverpool is a brilliant student led city with over 60 thousand students split over the 3 universities here.

We guarantee affordable accommodation for all of our first year students, but you also have the option to stay on here for the additional two years if you wish. Please have a look at our accommodation here https://www.hope.ac.uk/halls/

But also there is lots of affordable housing throughout the city. A lot of students decide to live in houseshares in Smithdown or the Kensington areas. You can also choose to live in town, which is still surprisingly affordable.

I live in the city centre at the moment, with very low rent and bills included (life saver with the cost of living rising so much, so try to look out for this perk!).

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help!

Have a lovely week,

Rachel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending