The Student Room Group

Driving theory test 2022

Are there stopping distance questions in the updated driving theory tests? (questions where you have to calculate stopping distances)

Update: I passed my driving theory test on June 1. It was a lot easier than i expected idk why i was expecting it to be difficult and i only used the 4 in 1 app for revision. it’s very useful
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jnmp
Are there stopping distance questions in the updated driving theory tests? (questions where you have to calculate stopping distances)

I done the test a few months ago and I can't remember if they had asked but they are likely to ask you for the stopping distance depending on the weather. They would ask for the distance when the weather is normal/rainy/snowy. Download the "Theory Test 4 in 1 kit 2022" it is really good, I passed first time using it. The questions they ask in the app are quite similar to the one in the test, wording can be different but the app is really helpful.
(edited 1 year ago)
I took mine earlier this year (passed) and did not have to calculate stopping distances. I'm pretty sure all you need to know is to leave a 2 metre gap between your car + the car in front of you in normal conditions, 4 metres in rainy conditions, and 20 metres in snowy/icy conditions.
Reply 3
Original post by shadeyshrek
I done the test a few months ago and I can't remember if they had asked but they are likely to ask you for the stopping distance depending on the weather. They would ask for the distance when the weather is normal/rainy/snowy. Download the "Theory Test 4 in 1 kit 2022" it is really good, I passed first time using it. The questions they ask in the app are quite similar to the one in the test, wording can bI have thee different but the app is really helpful.

Can I ask how you revised for your theory test?

I have the 4 in 1 app and I've been using it as my main source of revision, I've been doing lots of mock tests (including hazard perception) and I've read some pages from the Highway Code book but I'm just a bit worried that its not enough. And also were the hazard perception videos from the app similar to the ones in the real test?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jnmp

All you need to know is:
Dry = 2 second time gap
Wet = 4 second time gap
Icy = 20 second time gap (10x more than dry)
This means that you will keep a safe distance from the car in front regardless of your speed.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jnmp
Can I ask how you revised for your theory test?

I have the 4 in 1 app and I've been using it as my main source of revision, I've been doing lots of mock tests (including hazard perception) and I've read some pages from the Highway Code book but I'm just a bit worried that its not enough. And also were the hazard perception videos from the app similar to the ones in the real test?

So for revision i mainly used the app. I done all the 700 smthn questions from each topic n then would do 1-2 mock test everyday and one hazard mock test everyday. Whenever I would find a question difficult i would favourite it so I can practise them later. Yes the hazard perception videos are quite similar to the app in the test at first i thought 2-3 videos were the exact one from the app but they were just bit different. If you’re doing well in the hazard perception in the app ur likely to do well in the actual one as well. Also around one week before the test I would do 3/4 mock test just to make sure there isn’t anything i’ve not covered or smthn i’m not sure abt.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jnmp

Took my on 1 June and there was questions on stopping distances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending