The Student Room Group

should I change driving instructor?

My driving instructor usually cancels my lesson and on Wednesday at almost 1am he texted me that he'd see me tomorrow morning for a lesson. Obviously I thought he meant Thursday and so I said it was ok but Wednesday morning came and he called me in the middle of my sleep to ask I was gonna attend the lesson and if I was ok. I was really confused but luckily I didn't have anything planned for the morning so I basically rushed out of bed since he was already outside my house. Looking at the overall situation, it was quite last minute for him to schedule that lesson. Am I wrong for thinking that is quite unprofessional for him to do or is this a normal thing? My mum wasn't happy to hear this and told me to change instructor since he usually cancels lessons and now this happened.

I am currently on my fourth lesson for manual driving, I was wondering if it is normal for driving instructors to get angry. For example I had to wait in the middle of the road on the hash to cross over, I didn't position the car far enough in it or turned well. He got angry and started repeating how that was a really horrible and terrible turn. I understand I didn't do it well but I was already panicking and him getting angry was not helping. I am also a slow learner on the practical side, I can remember the routines but the problem is I have trouble to carry them out when the time comes and doing it fast enough. There were some other incidents where he got impatient with me because I kept making mistakes. Am I overreacting or should I just switch instructors? What should I say to him if I do? I don't want it to be awkward.
1am? How in anyway is that even professional or a reasonable hour to change or book a lesson?!! Definitely change him. Ngl most of them have no chill but not to the point where they’ll starting negatively critiquing your driving. Like tf you’re paying him at least show some respect. Literally don’t even hesitate change him.
Ditch him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending