The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Maths Unit 3 2022

Nah ngl I’m questioning my Asian heritage now. The paper was harder than my dads belt.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
agreed
Yet another overly hard maths paper from the WJEC. I've been teaching A level for 30 years and the Unit 1 and 3 in 2022 are the hardest papers that I've seen. They were impossible to prepare for. Given the situation with COVID the WJEC should be ashamed of themselves. If Welsh schools didn't have to follow the WJEC specification it would be interesting to see how many would abandon it for AQA etc. I know our centre would. Their support for centres is diabolical.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by azihdoeun
nah ngl i’m questioning my asian heritage now. The paper was harder than my dads belt.

bahhahahahahahah this made me laugh so hard
Original post by Mark James
Yet another overly hard maths paper from the WJEC. I've been teaching A level for 30 years and the Unit 1 and 3 in 2022 are the hardest papers that I've seen. They were impossible to prepare for. Given the situation with COVID the WJEC should be ashamed of themselves. If Welsh schools didn't have to follow the WJEC specification it would be interesting to see how many would abandon it for AQA etc. I know our centre would. Their support for centres is diabolical.

Absolutely! Especially unit 1, it had removed content topics and gcse style questions, some of which weren’t even taught to us due to the covid pandemic.

They made them extremely hard in comparison to 2018 and 2019 which is just disgraceful…
Original post by alevels21
Absolutely! Especially unit 1, it had removed content topics and gcse style questions, some of which weren’t even taught to us due to the covid pandemic.

They made them extremely hard in comparison to 2018 and 2019 which is just disgraceful…

Did you do both Unit 1 and 3 this year? You only have to do Units 3 and 4 to get the A level this year. ie the AS units aren't included in the A-level.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by BLODWIN2000
Did you do both Unit 1 and 3 this year? You only have to do Units 3 and 4 to get the A level this year. ie the AS units aren't included in the A-level.

I do further maths so our school does all a level
Maths in one year and the further maths in the next year… :wink:
Original post by alevels21
I do further maths so our school does all a level
Maths in one year and the further maths in the next year… :wink:

The same as us. However, students who gain the A-level this year (either in Year 12 or 13) do not have to sit Units 1 or 2 to gain their A-level. Yes, your school has to sign a form saying that you've covered it but you don't have to sit the exams. I have that straight from the WJEC. It's the same for anyone doing A2 FM too. ie They don't have to sit FM 1,2 or 3 this year.
(edited 1 year ago)
what do you think the boundary for an A* will be, bearing in mind it was 88/120 in 2019 & 81/120 in 2018
Original post by DAMIANLANGFORD
what do you think the boundary for an A* will be, bearing in mind it was 88/120 in 2019 & 81/120 in 2018

Sorry, I've no idea but it wouldn't surprise me if it's in the range 70-75. You just can't work out the WJEC as in my opinion they're a disgrace and not fit for purpose.
Original post by BLODWIN2000
The same as us. However, students who gain the A-level this year (either in Year 12 or 13) do not have to sit Units 1 or 2 to gain their A-level. Yes, your school has to sign a form saying that you've covered it but you don't have to sit the exams. I have that straight from the WJEC. It's the same for anyone doing A2 FM too. ie They don't have to sit FM 1,2 or 3 this year.

Wait, is that still still a thing, cause I'm doing the full a-level and I've been told to write the four exams(unit1, 2, 3 and 4)?
No, that was 2022

Quick Reply

Latest