The Student Room Group

GCSE transcript

I have a serious issue. Basically I did not pass my GCSE but I am resiting them again in a private exam centre. I get my top required grades to study A levels. When It comes to apply for university they require a gcse transcript. In my previous school my grades were lower because I was new to the country. But my top grades now are from a private centre. Do universitites accept resitted gcses as Oxford. As well as telling my circumstance? thank you for helping
Yes they do accept re-sits, but you will have to include both your GCSE certificates on your UCAS application if I'm not wrong. In terms of your circumstances the only way you can include them if you want is in your personal statement or maybe in your teachers recommendation, but I'd recommend keeping it short and concise. In the end its best you contact your preferred unis for further clarification. You haven't mentioned what course you'd like to study but often universities don't really score on your GCSEs for certain courses.
Reply 2
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
Yes they do accept re-sits, but you will have to include both your GCSE certificates on your UCAS application if I'm not wrong. In terms of your circumstances the only way you can include them if you want is in your personal statement or maybe in your teachers recommendation, but I'd recommend keeping it short and concise. In the end its best you contact your preferred unis for further clarification. You haven't mentioned what course you'd like to study but often universities don't really score on your GCSEs for certain courses.

I am thinking for a lot of degrees such as law history art architecture. In american universities or foundation year at Oxford or Cambridge.🥲🥲 Idk how to thank you mate. Thanks so much.
Are you a graduate person?
Original post by soklejda
I am thinking for a lot of degrees such as law history art architecture. In american universities or foundation year at Oxford or Cambridge.🥲🥲 Idk how to thank you mate. Thanks so much.
Are you a graduate person?

Okay, so you have a lot of wide variety of choices so i cant exactly tell you one exact answer. As for the American universities I don't really know what there requirements or processes are so better for you to contact them. And for the Cambridge and Oxford foundation programs they use UCAS tariff points which are calculated using your A Level results, and I don't think they have mentioned about GCSEs. But like i mentioned above contact them through email to confirm.
And no I am not a graduate. I'm still in university.

Quick Reply

Latest