The Student Room Group

driving lessons

Wanted to start learning how to drive and am wondering on how many lessons/hours to do in a week before I push the idea of learning how to drive any further. I'm a total beginner, any tips?
Its up to you, and how much you can afford to be honest. I only do 1 hour a week, but when i first started i did one 2 hour lesson a week. I would definitely say make sure each lesson is at least 2 hours when you first start, otherwise you wont have enough time per lesson
I did 1 hour a week with an instructor (think I did 25 lessons in total, passed first time, did theory before I started lessons) but I also occasionally drove my now-car with my dad on learner's insurance so I did get a fair few hours in. If you do more a week you'll probably take less time to pass, but I also think having time to step away and process how to improve is good so doing more than 2 hours in one go might not be too useful and might just stress you out (I know it would me because I hated lessons, but now love driving myself). How many times a week you want to do a 1-2 hour lesson will be how much you can pay and if you can find an instructor who can accommodate the amount you want to do, I think most people tend to just do 1 session a week but if you are in the position to do more then I don't see the drawback.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending