The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adityapande
Barcelona.

Your then star player leaves you for a farmers league and a club he thought would win the champions league ahead of Barcelona and haven’t yet won or done so since he’s joined.
Original post by Mohammed_80
You can’t be talking your the one that’s finished remind me what happened at Old Trafford that night 👂

Slow down, the only reason man utd doesn't have 4 ucl is Barcelona.
Original post by xox416
Period.

Messi clear and it's not a debate
In what sense is he better.

Messi has hardly 25 goals less while Ronaldo has 150+ more games played. And messi has more g/a.
Taking a dig at your avatar mate.

Manchester united one more trophyless season(carabao cup don't count)
That stat sums it up for you messi has a creative element but Ronaldo ahead of him by goals though there’s not much difference between assists look at the gap of goals scored 21/23 season all competitions for Ronaldo: 24 Goals 3 Assists, Messi: 11 Goals 14 assist. Ronaldo!!!!!

What are you on about kid? You are summing up GOAT debate based on 21/22 season?
These Ronaldo fans are so shameless.
Messi could not help a Paris Saint Germain team get past Real Madrid in the Champions League Quarter Finals or win Trophee de champion.

What was Ronaldo contribution vs atletico madrid in ro16 last season?
In what sense is he better.

The factors that define a footballer are:
1. Goalscoring : Tie(Statistically Messi is a better goalscorer. Better goal ratio, finishing efficiency, accuracy, free kicks , lesser big chnaces missed, more outside the box goals, more solo goals, better hattrick ratio and higher g-xg, which is the most important stat. Still, Ronaldo is more versatile as a goalscorer, and more complete due to his aerial prowess and shot power. So a tie is genuine)
2. Passing: Messi
3. Playmaking: Messi
4. Dribbling: Messi
5. Defending: (Messi has more presses/90, tackles/90, and in general contributes more defensively. Ronaldo does have more aerial duels, clearances, but messi still wins here)
6. Physical attributes: Ronaldo, no question(strength, jumping, speed etc etc)
7. Trophies: Except UCL, Messi leads Ronaldo everywhere in trophies. So Messi wins here
8. Leadership: Messi, he is literally a WC winning captain. No arguments here
9. Impact on team: Messi, he has more MOTM and his team tends to perform worse without him(barca won 0 matches in 8 fixtures when messi left. Madrid won UCL 4 years after ronaldo and united is killing it rn )
10. Big game player: Messi(Ronaldo has 0 g/a in the most important tournament knockout, while messi has 5 goals in this WC alone lol. Plus messi has more goals in finals and against top 2,3,4,5,6 teams in europe)
11. Adaptability: Ronaldo
So in general, messi wins.
Ronaldo is a legend, but he doesn't come near messi.
I suggest you watch "Goodly Rogue Messi vs Ronaldo"
He uses indepth stats to analyze who is better and doesn't use hollow arguments like you. Have a good day.
Manchester united one more trophyless season(carabao cup don't count)

Get the eyes checked still a silverware and trophy
What are you on about kid? You are summing up GOAT debate based on 21/22 season?
These Ronaldo fans are so shameless.

Don’t worry son I know what I’m talking
Messi clear and it's not a debate

I say Ronaldo all day. You can't do anything about it.
Don’t worry son I know what I’m talking

Cringe af
Original post by xox416
I say Ronaldo all day. You can't do anything about it.

Average Ronaldo fan
Cringe af

Average Ronaldo fan

Don’t see Messi winning that Ballon d’or last year anywhere.
Don’t see Messi winning that Ballon d’or last year anywhere.

Rephrase. I don't understand whatever you wrote.

Latest