The Student Room Group

LSE & PKU vs Imperial

I am lucky to have got offers for postgrad at both Imperial College and LSE & Peking University, but I can't decide which one to choose. I would love to hear some thoughts on these different degrees and which might be best for getting a job after.

The offers are:
Imperial: MSc Environmental Technology ( Global Environmental Change and Policy option )

LSE-PKU Double Degree in Environmental Policy, Technology and Health
- PKU: Master in Environmental Management
- LSE: MSC Environment and Development

A bit of background info:
I have an undergrad in International Development from a highly ranked university in this field. I have also done 2 years of Mandarin classes during this degree. I am going straight from my undergrad to postgrad and want to move into the environmental field. I am thinking of sustainable development, ESG or environmental policy. My undergrad was very theory-heavy and I would love to do a postgrad that's more technical and focus more on problem-solving.

As of now, the LSE-PKU would be one year at PKU and one year at LSE. However, the PKU year is bound to start this autumn, which means it would be fully online due to covid restrictions in China.
i would go for
I'm supposed to start my LSE/PKU MSc in International Affairs this Autumn too. I am a bit bummed out by the fact that it's going to be online as well. Personally, I think that LSE/PKU stands as a better option, especially with LSE's reputation in IR/Finances and Policy-related fields, as well as with PKU's reputation in China should you want to work there in the future. I would imagine that the Imperial degree might be more science-focused than LSE/PKU, which is something you should also consider!
Original post by siv2202
I am lucky to have got offers for postgrad at both Imperial College and LSE & Peking University, but I can't decide which one to choose. I would love to hear some thoughts on these different degrees and which might be best for getting a job after.

The offers are:
Imperial: MSc Environmental Technology ( Global Environmental Change and Policy option )

- PKU: Master in Environmental Management
- LSE: MSC Environment and Development

A bit of background info:
I have an undergrad in International Development from a highly ranked university in this field. I have also done 2 years of Mandarin classes during this degree. I am going straight from my undergrad to postgrad and want to move into the environmental field. I am thinking of sustainable development, ESG or environmental policy. My undergrad was very theory-heavy and I would love to do a postgrad that's more technical and focus more on problem-solving.

As of now, the LSE-PKU would be one year at PKU and one year at LSE. However, the PKU year is bound to start this autumn, which means it would be fully online due to covid restrictions in China.

Hey! Great to see your post regarding the LSE-PKU masters. I'm in a pretty similar position. I've recently been accepted into the LSE-PKU double master's program (albeit doing Environmental Economics & Climate Change at LSE instead), however, I'm also quite interested in the MSc Climate Change, Management & Finance course offered at Imperial. What did you end up choosing in the end? Is there a chance we could connect on Linkedin?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending