The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Imperial Maths with Stats for Finance vs LSE Financial Mathematics and Statistics

I'm very fortunate to have offers from these two unis and have been finding it very difficult to pick between the two. I am interested in both a heavy maths/stats degree and a maths/finance/econ/stats degree so my decision is just mainly down to career prospects and university life. I know I shouldn't be focusing on future prospects but it's really the main difference between the two as LSE would be better for consultancy/IB (which is on the downfall) whereas imperial is better for quantitative roles (which are on the rise). Does anyone have some further insights or advice they would give, I'd really appreciate it as I only have like 3 days left to decide. Also, does anyone know how good Imperial is for networking, I feel like that is where LSE may have an edge. Also, is doing a maths degree at LSE looked down upon because it has a worse reputation that its reputation for social sciences?
Reply 1
1. Imperial will be more Statistical and LSE more Financial Maths. So it is up to you whether you desire to study a lot of Statistics or Financial Maths? :s-smilie:

2. 70% of Imperial is male, and the social life is not as great as LSE.

3. LSE has a slightly better reputation than Imperial for careers and networking with regular visiting speakers from all over the world.

4. If it was me, I would choose LSE!!! :wink:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm very fortunate to have offers from these two unis and have been finding it very difficult to pick between the two. I am interested in both a heavy maths/stats degree and a maths/finance/econ/stats degree so my decision is just mainly down to career prospects and university life. I know I shouldn't be focusing on future prospects but it's really the main difference between the two as LSE would be better for consultancy/IB (which is on the downfall) whereas imperial is better for quantitative roles (which are on the rise). Does anyone have some further insights or advice they would give, I'd really appreciate it as I only have like 3 days left to decide. Also, does anyone know how good Imperial is for networking, I feel like that is where LSE may have an edge. Also, is doing a maths degree at LSE looked down upon because it has a worse reputation that its reputation for social sciences?

Hey, I’m applying to both of these courses and am doing maths, fm, and physics (3 A*). I was wondering what a levels you did and if you think I have a decent chance.
Original post by Anonymous

Hello just wanted to know what you chose in the end as I am in the same scenario as u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending