The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
brimstone
Does anyone know if there is a Chinese buffet restaurant in Cambridge anywhere?

Don't know about buffet, sorry. There's Charlie Chan on Regent street - a bit further towards Hills Road than Nandos/Wagamamas but on the same side.
There's an Ugly Duck Chinese on Trinity street facing Johns.
And there's bound to be a host of options on Mill road (nee lane) which isn't really that far, especially if you have a bike. When's this for?

brimstone

And grr, got kicked out of vodka revs tonight.

Why? :s-smilie:
Craghyrax
Don't know about buffet, sorry. There's Charlie Chan on Regent street - a bit further towards Hills Road than Nandos/Wagamamas but on the same side.
There's an Ugly Duck Chinese on Trinity street facing Johns.
And there's bound to be a host of options on Mill road (nee lane) which isn't really that far, especially if you have a bike. When's this for?

Why? :s-smilie:

Cheers :smile: It's not for anytime specifically, just good to know. I'm getting cravings atm.

And I got kicked out because apparently I was quite drunk. Maybe I was :shifty:
Reply 382
brimstone
Cheers :smile: It's not for anytime specifically, just good to know. I'm getting cravings atm.

Oops. Your TSRing skills are quite good then :biggrin:

Are you a Wagamamas fan?
There are loads of takeaways around which do good Chinese but not that many restaurants I think. Teriyaki is nice, although not Chinese. Its off of bridge street if you turn right down the side of the Cam before crossing over Magdalene bridge (the Cam edge of Magdalene faces Teriyaki) There's a Thai place literally facing Magdalene's entrance. There's Yipee's Noodle Bar opposite Clowns. You get to this by going to Christ's college and instead of walking into town at the fork, turning right down the smaller street (the indoor room with Lloyds cash machines are the centre of this fork) and you walk down this street a very long way and Yipee's is on the left.
Reply 383
Went to queens' formal tonight. Better setting and food than christ's IMO, but perhaps not as good atmosphere.

What sort of time from and until are we post-formal meeting on wednesday?
Teriyaki is awesome, I must take advantage of their takeaway service sometime.
Reply 385
There aren't any plans. CPF just invited people.
Reply 386
I have a 3 hour Diarrhoea Symposium today. :/
Reply 387
brimstone

Oh really?... :p:
Reply 388
I have over 4 hours of drawing today. Worst day of each fortnight.
Re: chinese buffets - it' bit of a walk, but there's a relatively new one just to the left of the grafton centre, which is all you can eat, and is probably the best/best value all you can eat chinese that i've been too - scrumptious... :smile: They even (randomly) have jelly and ice cream as an option for dessert - as much as you care to eat of it... mmmm....
Reply 390
Eugh. I hate it when this happens. I had an essay due in this morning and only started it late yesterday. It turned out to be really interesting and enjoyable to write, yet because I left it so late I really didn't do it justice. It's so annoying because I know I could have done a really good job if I had a bit more time.
I went to Specsavers for a lenses appointment and I lost my glasses :frown: :tongue:anic:
Reply 392
You lost them at SpecSavers?
groovy_moose
Re: chinese buffets - it' bit of a walk, but there's a relatively new one just to the left of the grafton centre, which is all you can eat, and is probably the best/best value all you can eat chinese that i've been too - scrumptious... :smile: They even (randomly) have jelly and ice cream as an option for dessert - as much as you care to eat of it... mmmm....

"To the left of the Grafton Centre"!? :eyeball: Do you know how many different ways its possible to come at the Grafton Centre by? :s-smilie: Up East Road/across Christ's Piece...? *imagines brimstone wondering around lost and confused in the cold* :p:
Reply 393
jcb914
Eugh. I hate it when this happens. I had an essay due in this morning and only started it late yesterday. It turned out to be really interesting and enjoyable to write, yet because I left it so late I really didn't do it justice. It's so annoying because I know I could have done a really good job if I had a bit more time.
I think the idea is to torment undergraduates, tying treats to a stick round their necks but never giving them enough time to get at it. This forces them to do Masters and PhDs :yep:
Reply 394
Craghyrax
I think the idea is to torment undergraduates, tying treats to a stick round their necks but never giving them enough time to get at it. This forces them to do Masters and PhDs :yep:

Ha, well there is no chance whatsoever I'll be sticking around for a Masters or PhD. I've had enough of learning, I want a real job!
Reply 395
Despite being fully dressed, I've decided that I seriously cba to go to my lecture coz there's other stuff I want to sort out and I won't feel at peace unless I get the 'stuff' out of the way.
Reply 396
brimstone
Does anyone know if there is a Chinese buffet restaurant in Cambridge anywhere?

Yes, there is a Chinese buffet called "Lucky star" at the Cambridge Leisure Park.
Craghyrax
I've never been either, as it sounds like the pit of hell. If I were in your shoes I'd go to the formal bit of the party (which will be them getting horribly drunk I assume) and come to the TSR post-formal gathering which will probably involve laughing and chatting away squashed into someone's room (with a range of refreshments/beverages). But that's just the sort of environment I find more enjoyable :dontknow:

I think I'll probably do that; it'll be nice to finally meet you guys. :yep:
Reply 398
alex_hk90
I think I'll probably do that; it'll be nice to finally meet you guys. :yep:

Cool, look forward to it :smile:

Off to the library :yawn: :creep:
Lidka and I think we won't have enough time to organise a booking by Wednesday. We'll come up with a date maybe in the last week of term? We could possibly still have a meet in Daniel's room if he's still up for it?

Latest

Trending

Trending