The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So close.

Also, #2?
If anyone feels like a break, Nigel Farage is speaking at Clare Politics tonight at 8.45 PM :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah, It clearly isn't the second camchat thread. it is 6 we're on now?
Reply 4
FadedJade
Yeah, It clearly isn't the second camchat thread. it is 6 we're on now?

True. I'll edit it. Looks messy anyway. Nicer to have just one eternal 'Cambridge Chat Thread'
Reply 5
Gah! I can't do it :>.<: You edit Nina
The West Wing
If anyone feels like a break, Nigel Farage is speaking at Clare Politics tonight at 8.45 PM :smile:

Nah, we had him here last year. It was side splittingly funny. I'm surprised he's thick skinned enough to return.
Reply 6
Considering they're from M&S, these socks are holding up shockingly badly to only a month's wear. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Done. Was so tempted to replace the '2' with 'for current students only'
Craghyrax
Gah! I can't do it :>.<: You edit Nina

Nah, we had him here last year. It was side splittingly funny. I'm surprised he's thick skinned enough to return.

It's much easier to get right wing politicians to Cambridge than anyone else, especially extreme right wing ones :s-smilie: . Apparently they sent out invitations and all the right wing ones replied quickly and were eager to come but it's hard to pin down anyone else :frown:
Reply 9
Gah that's so annoying!
Scipio90
Considering they're from M&S, these socks are holding up shockingly badly to only a month's wear.

You're supposed to wear them in conjunction with other pairs, you know :wink:
FadedJade
Done. Was so tempted to replace the '2' with 'for current students only'

:rofl: Unfortunately it would have resulted in reverse psychology.
Woo new thread!

I like being moored in Ely. Means we can actually do things in Cam in the evenings, and there's no 7 mile bike ride from the bus! Woop! In fact, with the 5 places that we moor being Cambridge, Waterbeach, Upware, Little Thetford and Ely, only one of them actually comes with an arduous cycle ride. :biggrin:
Reply 11
scarlet ibis
Woo new thread!

I like being moored in Ely. Means we can actually do things in Cam in the evenings, and there's no 7 mile bike ride from the bus! Woop! In fact, with the 5 places that we moor being Cambridge, Waterbeach, Upware, Little Thetford and Ely, only one of them actually comes with an arduous cycle ride. :biggrin:

Do you need 5 or could you use Ely more often? How's the battery treating you?
Reply 12
I don't like afternoon lectures when it's dark :frown:
Reply 13
I don't see any of us going around applying decades out-of-date stereotypes to other universities, so what's with the general level of offhand comments like "oxbridge would be too snobby/prejudiced for me" on TSR?

I really never thought anyone actually believed the elitist/posh oxbridge stereotypes before I started TSRing.
Craghyrax
Do you need 5 or could you use Ely more often? How's the battery treating you?

We can only use each one for 2 days at a time except Upware because we pay for that one and its our home mooring. However, Upware is the one with the arduous bus ride. 5 is good the it means we only have a maximum of an hour an a half cruise between any of the moorings that we use.
Reply 15
Scipio90
I don't see any of us going around applying decades out-of-date stereotypes to other universities, so what's with the general level of offhand comments like "oxbridge would be too snobby/prejudiced for me" on TSR?

I really never thought anyone actually believed the elitist/posh oxbridge stereotypes before I started TSRing.

I was clueless about all the hype before I moved to England. I just thought it was a good University with pretty old buildings :dontknow: Probably just as well.
Well I've done all I'm going to do for now. This sucks.
Reply 17
FadedJade
Well I've done all I'm going to do for now. This sucks.

:console: When is it in for?
6pm
Reply 19
FadedJade
6pm

Eeep!

Latest

Trending

Trending