I HATE Part I PPSIS so much :frown:
Reply 5981
Thanks everyone. :smile:
FadedJade
What comes after the end?

Depends what you believe will happen.

/pratchett

Craghyrax

I'm trying to work out whether prodding him again would be a bad idea :s-smilie:

I spent my entire work placement emailing people and then asking myself that very question :p:

Wow, 4 electronics questions in 90 minutes, that has to be a record. I understood 50% of what I was doing as well :biggrin:

Supervision in an hour and I am actually more or less prepared. Plus my work is more or less up to date for the next week, assuming that I do a bit of fluids and computing tomorrow and the day after. I am feeling optimisitic :smile:
Reply 5983
I need to buy a postcard to send with my ox application (which they'll return as a confirmation of application receipt). I plan on buying a funny one and giving the admissions secretary some lolz :p:

/lame
Reply 5984
Woops, we're supposed to do that?
Sounds good min, I bet they get loads of really boring ones.

:love: to craggy for going to sainsburys and getting me stuff :love:
Reply 5986
Apagg
Woops, we're supposed to do that?

paper application to oxford if you want a confirmation of receipt.
Reply 5987
Ah. Oh well
Reply 5988
Why is this annoying idiot back again?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16675650&postcount=34

I thought he was permanently banned before :confused: ?
The thread has been removed now... which was it?
Reply 5990
The post was "I am an Alpha male" by Seven-Three.
Reply 5991
Re: tempered

Depends on what you're trying to say, no?

E.g. "he tempered his writing with a sprinkling of wit" - he's the one actively doing the tempering
or "his writing is tempered by a sprinkling of wit" - the wit is the thing doing the tempering

That's what makes sense to me, anyways :p:
Craghyrax

I just found your birthday card on my desk :eek: I can't believe I forgot to drop it off! :sad: :o: I will do so tomorrow after lectures :biggrin:
Reply 5993
brimstone
I just found your birthday card on my desk :eek: I can't believe I forgot to drop it off! :sad: :o: I will do so tomorrow after lectures :biggrin:

:rofl: Thanks!
Craghyrax
:rofl: Thanks!

I'm coming to drop off some chocolates after lectures tomorrow too :smile:
Tom
Re: tempered

Depends on what you're trying to say, no?

E.g. "he tempered his writing with a sprinkling of wit" - he's the one actively doing the tempering
or "his writing is tempered by a sprinkling of wit" - the wit is the thing doing the tempering

That's what makes sense to me, anyways :p:

But you've passivized the second one of those, so that's not a fair comparison - his is in the accusative, so you can tell loads of stuff has changed round. How about:

He tempered his writing with a sprinkling of wit.
He tempered his writing by a sprinkling of wit. (this one is ungrammatical for me, or at least strained)

His writing is/was tempered with a sprinkling of wit.
His writing is/was tempered by a sprinkling of wit.

The "sprinkling of wit" is the is the indirect object in the first two, and the effective subject in the second two. So it's not the "by" per se that makes wit the agent, it's just the fact you passivized it.

Reply 5996
The West Wing
I'm coming to drop off some chocolates after lectures tomorrow too :smile:

Wow :smile: I'm feeling slightly more cheerful now.

Today's been horrible and stressful for a number of reasons, but sleep deprivation being the main thing that's interfered with everything else :hmpf: And I might have an all nighter waiting.
:frown:

Do you have any Friday lectures btw? I'm very irritated with the Shadowing Scheme because the main focus of the scheme is on the Friday which is supposedly a typical day for the student being shadowed. Hahaha. As if. I don't know if I'll be able to organise a supervision for that day, and I have no lectures. So yeh. Might need to steal one from Part I
Craghyrax
Wow :smile: I'm feeling slightly more cheerful now.

Today's been horrible and stressful for a number of reasons, but sleep deprivation being the main thing that's interfered with everything else :hmpf: And I might have an all nighter waiting.
:frown:

Do you have any Friday lectures btw? I'm very irritated with the Shadowing Scheme because the main focus of the scheme is on the Friday which is supposedly a typical day for the student being shadowed. Hahaha. As if. I don't know if I'll be able to organise a supervision for that day, and I have no lectures. So yeh. Might need to steal one from Part I

Sure, you can take them to Politics with Andrew Gamble on Friday at 11 AM :smile:
Reply 5998
The West Wing
Sure, you can take them to Politics with Andrew Gamble on Friday at 11 AM :smile:

Is that still in Free School Lane or have they moved it somewhere?
Craghyrax
Is that still in Free School Lane or have they moved it somewhere?

It's in the big Mill Lane lecture site :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending