The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ukebert

Where are you going? :teeth:

just had confirmation from the orphanage in Jordan that they'd be delighted to have me volunteer for them this summer =D so i think i'll stay there for a month or so and then travel around Egypt, Syria and Lebanon.
yippeee
Well, well, well, after rearranging a supervision yesterday and missing my Russian translation class to catch up on sleep and recuperate, I then went and worked until 6am :s-smilie: Although in fairness, I did spend my evening having dinner in the master's lodge, which ended up with a balloon modelling session (kits provided by the master) and an excursion to see the igloo in the Paddock, which had fallen in. And our massive snowman fell over, woe :frown:

Now back to square one with tiredness though. Sigh. If people would stop giving me work I'd be much better!
Reply 7982
Zoedotdot
Well, well, well, after rearranging a supervision yesterday and missing my Russian translation class to catch up on sleep and recuperate, I then went and worked until 6am :s-smilie: Although in fairness, I did spend my evening having dinner in the master's lodge, which ended up with a balloon modelling session (kits provided by the master) and an excursion to see the igloo in the Paddock, which had fallen in. And our massive snowman fell over, woe :frown:

Now back to square one with tiredness though. Sigh. If people would stop giving me work I'd be much better!

hehe I love that! Err not your woe :eek: but the way you express it :biggrin:
Reply 7983
FadedJade
And then I'll beat both of you :p:

No one beats me and my amazing snookering skills :p:

Although saying that, I'm not actually good at pool. So you would probably beat me.
I've just had an incredibly productive hour or so- I organised/sorted out all the little things I've been meaning to do all term. I replaced the union card that was stolen over summer 2007, booked the CUSU minibus for riding lessons, spoke to the head porter about parking, collected my book from the careers service, booked an appointment with a careers advisor....very successful in my book :biggrin:

Now for some actual work...
Reply 7985
ukebert
Ouch... Peterhouse pizza has a negative reputation :s-smilie:

It wasn't awful, but I just find it inherently wrong to eat thick-based pizza with cultery... You guys will just have to invite me to a 'proper' formal sometime so I can see what your food is really like :p:
Reply 7986
oh gosh, having just been looking at the Caius 09 facebook group it turns out that, incredibly sadly, a girl with an offer to study economics died due to anorexia a few weeks ago :frown: I hope her family are coping ok
Thicky
hehe I love that! Err not your woe :eek: but the way you express it :biggrin:

Woe is one of my favourite words. It's like my name, but with a w. And without the dots. Awesome :smile:
FadedJade
And then I'll beat both of you :p:

Judging by how poorly I played last night, I wouldn't be surprised. :p:

Zoedotdot
Woe is one of my favourite words. It's like my name, but with a w. And without the dots. Awesome :smile:

I take it that you don't pronounce it in the same way as 'Zoe' but with a 'W' though. :nah:
It is a cool word though; I like how it is acceptable to say "Woe is me". :yep:
alex_hk90
I take it that you don't pronounce it in the same way as 'Zoe' but with a 'W' though. :nah:
It is a cool word though; I like how it is acceptable to say "Woe is me". :yep:

No, but I have an umlaut on my e :smile: It's quite weird actually, pretty much everyone at home calls me Zo but here I'm always Zoë. I like Zoë better I think :smile:
Zoedotdot
No, but I have an umlaut on my e :smile: It's quite weird actually, pretty much everyone at home calls me Zo but here I'm always Zoë. I like Zoë better I think :smile:

I wish my name had diacritcs, they're cool.
Reply 7991
Supergrunch
I wish my name had diacritcs, they're cool.

It can if it wants :rolleyes: :p:
scarlet ibis
Thanks. I have both your mobile numbers so I'll be in touch. It may even be a morning thing, in which case I'll just ask the librarians. Otherwise, how late does your library open?

Office Hours are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. But the thing's actually open 7am (or 7.30? till half midnight, if you have a card (or are with someone who does...).

The librarians are lovely. :smile:
lavalse
just had confirmation from the orphanage in Jordan that they'd be delighted to have me volunteer for them this summer =D so i think i'll stay there for a month or so and then travel around Egypt, Syria and Lebanon.
yippeee

I would love to go to the middle east :frown: Might go to Istanbul this summer if I can wangle the money from somewhere, which would be a start.
Reply 7994
ukebert
I would love to go to the middle east :frown: Might go to Istanbul this summer if I can wangle the money from somewhere, which would be a start.

Turkish street food :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
ukebert

Istanbul is a FANTASTIC city. i loved it so much. definitely go. and you can survive cheaply there - even just walking around all day is great
Reply 7996
Especially as it is not in the Eurozone.
Reply 7997
Drat. I'm exhausted and I can't decide whether to miss out my church meeting or to try and nap and then go :frown: And I have to decide soon so I don't miss hall if I'm going to stay...
Just wanted to say to you guys that I had a lovely time at the formal and in the Cellars afterwards! :smile:

I just went for a nap and I can't tell whether I've been asleep for the last hour or simply lying in bed... :s-smilie:
Chess Piece Face
Just wanted to say to you guys that I had a lovely time at the formal and in the Cellars afterwards! :smile:

Yes, it was nice to finally meet you guys. And Clare Cellars was a nice setting. :yep:

Craghyrax
Drat. I'm exhausted and I can't decide whether to miss out my church meeting or to try and nap and then go :frown: And I have to decide soon so I don't miss hall if I'm going to stay...

Chess Piece Face
I just went for a nap and I can't tell whether I've been asleep for the last hour or simply lying in bed... :s-smilie:

All this tiredness, guess I'm the only one planning to go out tonight then. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending