The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
lavalse
wow proof that rowing really is dangerous and harmful lol!!!!!!!!

True, but the vast majority of sports involve risk. I watched my climbing partner fall and break his back, Llamaa has apparently done so repeatedly playing polo, and a friend contracted lasting and serious damage from a head injury playing rugby.
toorahloorahloorah toorahloorahloorah toorah-ay-ey...any umbrellas, any umbrellas to mend today?
Reply 1382
Llamaaa
toorahloorahloorah toorahloorahloorah toorah-ay-ey...any umbrellas, any umbrellas to mend today?

Has the cold sent you mad, or are you actually offering to mend umbrellas? :confused:
Reply 1383
Llamaaa

:nutcase:
Llamaaa

yes, the wind broke my umbrella. it was stripy. im sad its broken :frown:
Reply 1385
lavalse
yes, the wind broke my umbrella. it was stripy. im sad its broken :frown:

I had to throw mine away. I left a slab of chocolate in the bottom of my bag, and hung it up directly above a radiator in our library's cloakroom. The result was a two-toned umbrella that wouldn't open :frown:
I'm singing at Emmanuel Open Mic tonight if anyone's coming :p:. So is Chess Piece Face :smile:
Craghyrax
True, but the vast majority of sports involve risk. I watched my climbing partner fall and break his back, Llamaa has apparently done so repeatedly playing polo, and a friend contracted lasting and serious damage from a head injury playing rugby.

yes thats a good point. i try to avoid all sport, i find it scary in that respect (pathetic point of view i know). i also don't like its competitveness but i'll be the first to admit that thats simply due to the fact im not very good at it, otherwise i'd probably enjoy it.

dancing on the other hand is great. but i am a terrible dancer.
Bring your parasol, It may be small, it may be big, He repairs them all, With what you call a thingamajig
Craghyrax

You can't beat a good riding injury :biggrin:
Craghyrax
I had to throw mine away. I left a slab of chocolate in the bottom of my bag, and hung it up directly above a radiator in our library's cloakroom. The result was a two-toned umbrella that wouldn't open :frown:

oh no :frown: i think we need to go on an umbrella shopping trip! i also need another mac-in-a-sac. i love those, and mine has just broken too, meaning i have to cycle in the rain. not fun. especially when it hails!!

thats a good point really, it hails sooo much here! i dont understand it!
Reply 1391
lavalse
yes thats a good point. i try to avoid all sport, i find it scary in that respect (pathetic point of view i know). i also don't like its competitveness but i'll be the first to admit that thats simply due to the fact im not very good at it, otherwise i'd probably enjoy it.

Gym is quite safe :wink:

I really hate sports, and anything competitive. I quite enjoy activities that aren't based on games or competition. So I enjoy climbing, hiking, ice skating, amateur skiing... and in Cambridge the gym :dry:
Reply 1392
Llamaaa
You can't beat a good riding injury :biggrin:

Makes you a better rider :yep:
Reply 1393
Craghyrax
So I enjoy climbing, hiking, ice skating, amateur skiing

As in, you wouldn't enjoy being paid for it? :wink:
minimo
I wear a sweatshirt in my room with the heating on :eek: Are you half penguin, uke?? :p:

:hmmm:

To be fair my room is always sweltering. I turned the heating off as soon as I arrived, but there is a hot water pipe that runs around the top of the room that keeps it warm anyway. Ah, that reminds me, I forgot to prop my window open :s-smilie: Ah well, I'm sure that today it won't be necessary :p:

Everywhere is is fairly warm, warm enough for just a t-shirt, and when I go outside I have previously only been wearing a T-shirt and cotton jacket. However, it is cold enough to start wearing sweatshirts now :smile:

Craghyrax
What!? :zomg:

I set my alarm for 1030 and then turned it off and slept soundly till 1330 :o: And so I haven't done as much work as I need to today.

Quite a lot. I have two friends who stopped rowing after developing a circulatory disorder (nearly losing fingers) and another repetitive strain injury, and whatever the related chronic form is.

Right. even more glad I'm not rowing :s-smilie: Hope they're OK now.
Craghyrax
Gym is quite safe :wink:

I really hate sports, and anything competitive. I quite enjoy activities that aren't based on games or competition. So I enjoy climbing, hiking, ice skating, amateur skiing... and in Cambridge the gym :dry:

climbing - i scared of falling
hiking - this is actually ok, but i always get lost
ice skating - im scared of falling
amateur skiing - ditto
Craghyrax

:rofl:

You should have left it on your radiator with a plastic bag under it and then washed it in warm water :yes:
I also hate competitive sport apart from table tennis, which is barely a sport, and go, which almost definitely isn't. Am a fan of sailing (little boats) and climbing.
lavalse

:ditto:

You should try archery :smile: Much better :yes:

lavalse
climbing - i scared of falling
hiking - this is actually ok, but i always get lost
ice skating - im scared of falling
amateur skiing - ditto

Part of the fun of hiking is getting lost :p:

Well, not really, but it is quite fun if you do get lost. Mind you, I'm fairly cautious on the fells, so I always have a fairly good idea of where I am. So even if I get lost in fog I know enough about where I am to know which direction to walk in and where the edge is likely to be :wink:
Supergrunch
I also hate competitive sport apart from table tennis, which is barely a sport, and go, which almost definitely isn't. Am a fan of sailing (little boats) and climbing.

You should sail in big boats :p: Even better :yes:

Actually I am going dinghy sailing tomorrow, if the wind isn't insane, which should be good fun :biggrin: I'm a little nervous about it actually, I've been sailing yachts exclusively since around February :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending