The Student Room Group

Can I study engineering?

Hello, this is my first post. I’m 23 year old male who has a bachelor degree in Bsc Geography (1st). I have 3 A levels in Geography History and Philosophy n ethics (CCB). I didn’t really try so hard in my A levels as tbh I wasn’t really sure how to revise at all. I also had hopes of being an athlete and so didn’t put much work into my academic life. University I went to just for the sake of it but third year really found myself enjoying it and ended up doing better than expected. I’m currently in training for an iron man but have no plans besides that. For the first time ever I’m starting to think I’ve really got a need and desire to pursue something more interesting and engaging than a standard 9-5. I’ve begun reading and listening to podcasts and books on everything and anything and I am truly drawn towards the world of science and engineering. Is there a feasible way I could gain A levels in maths and physics in order to do a degree in engineering? Is there other ways to enter engineering? Could I pursue a masters in a topic similar to engineering? This really may be a long shot but I thought it was worth asking. Any advice is truly appreciated . Thank you.
You can probably take a foundation year at university, then the engineering degree.

You'll have to pay for it yourself though.
(edited 1 year ago)
I’ve had a look at foundation years but they all seem to require A-levels I don’t have e.g. maths and physics. Would I need to get both or just one? Thank you for your reply though!

Original post by Chicken.M.
You can probably take a foundation year at university, then the engineering degree.

You'll have to pay for it yourself though.
Funding an Alevel in physics is expensive and a pain in the butt because of the practical component.

Have you considered an access course?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest