Scroll to see replies

Prospective course: MSc Neuroscience
Achieved (or expected) grade: 80%
Nationality: Dutch
Current (or last) university: UCL
Current (or last) course: BSc Psychology and Language Sciences
College preferences: Magdalen
Other universities you’re applying to: UCL, KCL, perhaps Imperial

Anyone else applying for Neuro? And also does anyone have any idea when we will hear back, given that interviews usually take place within a month of the application deadline?

Good luck everyone !!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 61
Prospective course: DPhil Cancer Sciences
Achieved (or expected) grade: Predicted First
Nationality: UK
Current (or last) course: BA Immunology
College preferences: University
Reply 62
Original post by uclmfcy
Prospective course: MSc Neuroscience
Achieved (or expected) grade: 80%
Nationality: Dutch
Current (or last) university: UCL
Current (or last) course: BSc Psychology and Language Sciences
Other universities you’re applying to: UCL, KCL, perhaps Imperial

Anyone else applying for Neuro? And also does anyone have any idea when we will hear back, given that interviews usually take place within a month of the application deadline?

Good luck everyone !!

I applied for the November 11th deadline my
MSc offered and I’m still waiting for a response.
Hello! The course I'm applying for has asks for three references, and there is a note that says that it is only essential for two of these to be uploaded by the course deadline:

"Whilst you must register three referees, the department may start the assessment of your application if two of the three references are submitted by the course deadline and your application is otherwise complete. Please note that you may still be required to ensure your third referee supplies a reference for consideration."

I am wondering when exactly they would expect the third reference to be uploaded? It's not very specific. Two weeks after the deadline? Or after a conditional offer is made? I also find it confusing that it says you "must" register three, but also that you only "may" be required to have a third reference be supplied. I would appreciate any information anyone has on this, thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by solarus
Hello! The course I'm applying for has asks for three references, and there is a note that says that it is only essential for two of these to be uploaded by the course deadline:

"Whilst you must register three referees, the department may start the assessment of your application if two of the three references are submitted by the course deadline and your application is otherwise complete. Please note that you may still be required to ensure your third referee supplies a reference for consideration."

I am wondering when exactly they would expect the third reference to be uploaded? It's not very specific. Two weeks after the deadline? Or after a conditional offer is made? I also find it confusing that it says you "must" register three, but also that you only "may" be required to have a third reference be supplied. I would appreciate any information anyone has on this, thank you!

The distinction between the “must” and the “may” here is that you “must” REGISTER three referees. That is you have to put down the details of three referees on your form before you hit apply.

However, if for some reason ONE of the referees you named fails to actually provide the reference in time for the deadline, your application can still be considered. It “may” be the case that they still insist on this referee eventually providing a reference, in order for you to be admitted.
Original post by Anonymous
anyone submitted their applications for any of the bio related courses (pharmacology, biochemistry etc)?

Yes I did for pharmacology
Reply 66
Prospective course: Mst in English and American Studies
Achieved (or expected) grade: First
Nationality: Scottish
Current (or last) university: Uni of Oxford, Lincoln College
Current (or last) course: English Lang & Lit
College preferences: Not sure yet current favs are Brasenose, Balliol, and Wadham
Other universities you’re applying to: Edinburgh, Glasgow

Good luck everyone! Anyone else applying for a literature course pls hmu
Anyone applied for the MPhil in Economic research degree with a MSc in Economics?
Edit : Anyone applied for the MPhil in Economics with a MSc in Economics?
Edit : Anyone applied for the MPhil in Economics with a MSc in Economics?

Meeeeee. I'm currently studying MSc in Economics.
Original post by kooks897
Hi everyone! I applied for the November deadline of my course and was wondering if anyone had any idea on around when January results came out last year? Or at least when the 'upload' button went away? I tried to look for specific dates here but they all just say "11 months ago" haha

hello. Lots of people on last year's thread also mentioned the 'upload' button. Can someone explain to me where this button is found and what its significance is?

Also btw if you really want to stalk people and find out when they got decisions, click on their user profile and in the list of posts you can see exact dates of their messages.
Prospective course: MSc BCM and MPP
Achieved (or expected) grade: 85%
Nationality: Indian
Current (or last) university: IIT R
Current (or last) course: Mtech CSE
Other universities you’re applying to: Cambridge
Meeeeee. I'm currently studying MSc in Economics.

Do you feel there’s a huge overlap with your current MSc? I’m considering but seems like mine overlaps a lot..
Do you feel there’s a huge overlap with your current MSc? I’m considering but seems like mine overlaps a lot..

Yes, mine overlaps as well. I applied to the MPhil because I wanna get a degree at Oxford.
Reply 74
Original post by kooks897
Hi everyone! I applied for the November deadline of my course and was wondering if anyone had any idea on around when January results came out last year? Or at least when the 'upload' button went away? I tried to look for specific dates here but they all just say "11 months ago" haha

I applied for the November deadline and I’m waiting to hear back. Good luck!
Original post by SMW84

Same. Good luck everyone!
Reply 76
Hello hello back at it again

Prospective course: (1) DPhil Genomic Medicine and Statistics, (2) DPhil in Clinical Medicine, (3) MRes Molecular and Cellular Medicine, (4) MSc ITIM

Achieved (or expected) grade: Achieved 1st, (3.9/4 GPA)

Nationality: Indonesian

Current (or last) university: University of Nottingham

Current (or last) course: BSc Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine

College preferences: Christ church, Exeter, Queen’s

Other universities you’re applying to:

I hope we all get shortlisted!!
Original post by SMW84

I also applied for November deadline. Any idea when they would give results generally? Will it be in Jan?
Reply 78
Original post by quentino
hello. Lots of people on last year's thread also mentioned the 'upload' button. Can someone explain to me where this button is found and what its significance is?

Also btw if you really want to stalk people and find out when they got decisions, click on their user profile and in the list of posts you can see exact dates of their messages.

Basically, on the graduate application self-service website you can manage your applications and upload more supporting documents if required. Many applicants, myself included, seem to find the upload button missing after a decision has been made (and we get the email within 48hrs).
Prospective course: MSc Social Data Science
Expected grade: First
Nationality: Slovak
Current university: LSE
Current course: BSc Psychological and Behavioural Science
College preferences: Keble
Other universities you’re applying to: LSE, UCL, University of Amsterdam, University of Copenhagen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending