The Student Room Group

Student accounts

Hi, I’ve currently got a nationwide student account but haven’t paid in the 500 per term they ask for because my sf payment went on another card, unintentionally. Does anyone have an account with them and hasent paid in but made up for it? They wont give me and overdraft for year 2 because of the non payments and i want to fix it because i need the increase. Anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Yes - transfer £500 per term into your Nationwide account as per their requirements and then transfer it back out. It should take about 5 minutes of your time three times a year.
Reply 2
Do you mean like now? Just transfer 500 in and out 3 times or? I need the overdraft this year so will it work if i transfer in 500 now to make up for not putting it in the whole year?
Original post by Vale567
Hi, I’ve currently got a nationwide student account but haven’t paid in the 500 per term they ask for because my sf payment went on another card, unintentionally. Does anyone have an account with them and hasent paid in but made up for it? They wont give me and overdraft for year 2 because of the non payments and i want to fix it because i need the increase. Anyone have any advice?

Why not open a new student account with a different bank and then make sure you meet the terms of the new account to access the overdraft facility? See point 5 under the section 'The seven student banking need-to-knows' on the following web page:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
Why not open a new student account with a different bank and then make sure you meet the terms of the new account to access the overdraft facility? See point 5 under the section 'The seven student banking need-to-knows' on the following web page:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/

I thought you can’t hold two accounts, or that if i close this one it would ask me to pay off the overdraft no? Do you know any banks that let you open another account if you have one already?
Original post by Vale567
I thought you can’t hold two accounts, or that if i close this one it would ask me to pay off the overdraft no? Do you know any banks that let you open another account if you have one already?

Sorry, I hadn't realised that you were already using the overdraft facility. It might still be possible as some banks do accept overdraft transfers - ask those banks listed on the page I directed you to in my previous post. If is is possible you can use the switching service when you open a new account - your new bank would manage the closure of your old account and transfer direct debits, etc over without you having to do anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending