The Student Room Group

opening a student bank account

hi,
I need to open a bank account with Santander, but im struggling to continue since its saying that I need to confirm my placement before I can continue the application.. is there anything I can do about this?
Reply 1
Please answer before i cry
Reply 2
Why can't you do what it is being asked? If you're waiting on official confirmation, you'll have to wait to open your account, which is the normal procedure to avoid fraud; why all the stress?
Original post by applepleple
hi,
I need to open a bank account with Santander, but im struggling to continue since its saying that I need to confirm my placement before I can continue the application.. is there anything I can do about this?

If it's a student bank account you are applying for, you can't open one until your place is confirmed after results day or if you hold an unconditional offer.
Reply 4
Original post by applepleple
hi,

As @normaw says, you usually can't open a student account until after you have a confirmed place at university.

If you're concerned about a student finance application, you can give any bank account (as long as it's in your name) initially, and then update the details once you've opened the student account. The account you use for student finance doesn't need to be a "student" account.
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
If it's a student bank account you are applying for, you can't open one until your place is confirmed after results day or if you hold an unconditional offer.

I have an unconditional offer so a confirmed place, but i keep getting the 'We’ve found your UCAS details but your placement isn’t confirmed yet. Please come back to apply for your 1|2|3 Student Current Account when your placement is confirmed.' message when im applying for a student account?
Reply 6
Original post by s.18a
I have an unconditional offer so a confirmed place, but i keep getting the 'We’ve found your UCAS details but your placement isn’t confirmed yet. Please come back to apply for your 1|2|3 Student Current Account when your placement is confirmed.' message when im applying for a student account?

I have the same message and my degree is confirmed for next September too. Bit confused
Reply 7
Original post by StaticMedic
I have the same message and my degree is confirmed for next September too. Bit confused

Maybe we’re too early and need to apply in august

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending