The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If your account is in credit and you can cover any outgoings, fine. Report it as a spam text.
They will charge you probably a daily fee as a percentage until you clear it. I think Natwest used to do this but they’d charge you at the end of the month. Worth checking with them. Can you not ask a family member to lend you the shortfall to prevent it for now?
Hello thank you for helping but I don’t have any overdraft fees to pay because I don’t have any overdraft and I don’t have any credit on my name to pay anything off tho, I have a Santander 123 mini account and I’m 18

Original post by Surnia
If your account is in credit and you can cover any outgoings, fine. Report it as a spam text.
Hello thank you for helping but I don’t have any overdraft fees to pay because I don’t have any overdraft and I don’t have any credit on my name to pay anything off tho, I have a Santander 123 mini account and I’m 18

Original post by gandalfslipper
They will charge you probably a daily fee as a percentage until you clear it. I think Natwest used to do this but they’d charge you at the end of the month. Worth checking with them. Can you not ask a family member to lend you the shortfall to prevent it for now?
contact Santander via an alternative method/visit a branch and do not reply to the text.
It could well be a fake site.
NEVER trust a phone call from a bank that you do not expect.
Reply 6
Original post by Opebello763

I referred to your account being in credit; do you understand what that means? Do you have direct debits/card payments going out of your account and can you cover them?
I don’t have anyt direct detits payment that’s what I mean

Original post by Surnia
I referred to your account being in credit; do you understand what that means? Do you have direct debits/card payments going out of your account and can you cover them?
Reply 8
I don’t have anyt direct detits payment that’s what I mean

Then report the text.
Hello I got a text saying Santander A/C ending…. will
Exceed its limit today 06-07-22. We
May retry some of your payments
So please pay enough money in by 1pm, but I don’t have any overdraft or anything to pay off

Guidance here on how to spot/act on suspicious communication:

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/support/fraud-and-security/spotting-fraud-or-scams

Yes but if as I understand above they
Reply 11
Hello I got a text saying Santander A/C ending…. will
Exceed its limit today 06-07-22. We
May retry some of your payments
So please pay enough money in by 1pm, but I don’t have any overdraft or anything to pay off

I have been receiving g the same message but there is no name on message or means to reply so I am assuming it is a fake message.santander would put a name on correspondence or full acc number.

Latest

Trending

Trending