The Student Room Group

Student bank account 2nd year

Hi,

This September i’ll be going into the second year of my course and i’m interested in opening a student account but i’ve heard that some only let you open one in first year. does anyone know which banks i could still open a student account with?

thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by whisks
Hi,

This September i’ll be going into the second year of my course and i’m interested in opening a student account but i’ve heard that some only let you open one in first year. does anyone know which banks i could still open a student account with?

There are not that many banks/building societies offering student accounts; you could do this research yourself.

I glanced quickly at three sites (Barclays, NatWest, TSB) -- of those NatWest made an explicit reference to needing to apply within 6 months of starting your course, but I didn't notice anything on the Barclays or TSB sites (maybe it's there but I didn't see it).
Original post by whisks
Hi,

thank you :smile:

According to the article on the MSE website, Santander and HSBC allow students to open one at any point in their first year. As you've not yet started second year, it might be worth a try applying now. See point 4 under 'Student banking need to knows':

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending