The Student Room Group

Official: University of Worcester A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Does anyone know when interviews will be held?

There's 4 entries on there now - have these people got interviews? None have listed dates.
The spreadsheet is only for those who got interviews. I wasn't aware invites had been sent out yet?
Reply 43
Original post by poseidons
There's 4 entries on there now - have these people got interviews? None have listed dates.
The spreadsheet is only for those who got interviews. I wasn't aware invites had been sent out yet?

Yeah, it happens
feel free to remove the entries
Me neither. I am a little bit worried now because other medical schools have asked me to fill out a form about my fee status.
Original post by KMaisey
Oh, i didn't get a form to fill out, that's a bit worrying
Original post by marymedd
I was offered a place and got 2660 in UCAT.

Can I ask when did you get the offer? Is it for 2023 entry?
I'm a home student with an offer this year and so the applications opened April 2022 and within a few weeks got a CASPer invite, it then took about 5 weeks to hear. They are written responses so each one needs marked and then compared to the cohort.

I think you can't apply via UCAS until September for Worcester because it was not open until September. And how did you get an Casper invite before your UCAT? Because the website in Worcester said they will shortlist applicants according to UCAT or GAMSAT and then send out Casper invite and the UCAT was not open until July this year.
Original post by Katherine-O
I think you can't apply via UCAS until September for Worcester because it was not open until September. And how did you get an Casper invite before your UCAT? Because the website in Worcester said they will shortlist applicants according to UCAT or GAMSAT and then send out Casper invite and the UCAT was not open until July this year.

Worcester originally didn't open to home students, and then at the last minute they did open up to home students because i think they got some funding for a few spaces, that was presumably in the April.
I got the offer about 7 weeks after I applied. It may have been a fast tracked process though as it was in April.

Congratulations. So the offer for 2023 entry has been sent out?
Reply 49
Original post by Katherine-O
Congratulations. So the offer for 2023 entry has been sent out?

Thanks! No, offer not been sent out but all the cohort from 2022 have been guaranteed a place for 2023 entry unless they specifically declined the deferral. We can also still apply to other medical schools in this cycle without it affecting our place.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 50
Does anybody know how many places are available for home students?

I also imagine that there’ll be lower than average applications to Worcester due to it opening for home students very late into the application cycle.
Not Worcester being messy and just radio silence from them since the acknowledgement 🤣🤣🤣 not surprised tho, it was a risk to apply. I’m expecting they’ll shortlist Casper (therefore also interview) candidates prob in January or so 😮
Reply 52
Original post by bgt-9
Does anybody know how many places are available for home students?

I also imagine that there’ll be lower than average applications to Worcester due to it opening for home students very late into the application cycle.

Bit tricky to determine due to the below
Thanks! No, offer not been sent out but all the cohort from 2022 have been guaranteed a place for 2023 entry unless they specifically declined the deferral. We can also still apply to other medical schools in this cycle without it affecting our place.

Since the 2022 entry candidates haven’t fully rejected their offers, there may only be a few places, but when I spoke to them, they said they can’t give an official number (this was a couple of days before applications were due).
Reply 53
Thanks. Does anyone also know how the holistic treatment works? I’m from the Three Counties and also have parents who didn’t attend HE, how will Worcester know this? Does it advantage you in any way at interview?
Original post by bgt-9
Thanks. Does anyone also know how the holistic treatment works? I’m from the Three Counties and also have parents who didn’t attend HE, how will Worcester know this? Does it advantage you in any way at interview?

Hey, I emailed to ask about this when making my application. This was their response:

‘With regard to your childhood in Herefordshire and the fact your parents still live there, I would make comment in your personal statement, therefore informing the assessing panel of tutors.’

If you didn’t include it in your personal statement perhaps phone up/ email?
Reply 55
Original post by Kerry.a.11
Hey, I emailed to ask about this when making my application. This was their response:

‘With regard to your childhood in Herefordshire and the fact your parents still live there, I would make comment in your personal statement, therefore informing the assessing panel of tutors.’

If you didn’t include it in your personal statement perhaps phone up/ email?

Thanks, I’ll throw them an email.

I did consider this, but thought it may have been a bit odd to put in the personal statement (particularly when viewed by my other three choices).
Reply 56
Hi does anyone know when Worcester will be holding interviews?
No, still waiting, if shortlisted, an Casper test invite will be received before interview
Reply 58
Has anyone heard anything from Worcester? I've kinda written this Uni off because of the issues they faced with opening last year and offering deferrals to those they had given offers. I can't imagine they don't have many places on offer, and that they have several contextual points which I don't meet so I don't like my chances here. I'm also a little scared about the course being brand new.
Original post by JayM9
Has anyone heard anything from Worcester? I've kinda written this Uni off because of the issues they faced with opening last year and offering deferrals to those they had given offers. I can't imagine they don't have many places on offer, and that they have several contextual points which I don't meet so I don't like my chances here. I'm also a little scared about the course being brand new.

I gave worcester med school a call about a month ago because I wanted to ask how many places are open to home students this year. And a woman(who was really polite and nice) told me that there's even few places than last year! I asked what less than 20? and she went yes. She also told me that they're expecting to send interview invites in Janurary/ early feb if I remember correctly. I'm honestly not expecting any good news about my application to worcester given how few places are available!

EDIT: i also felt a bit frustrated that I'd kinda wasted an application. I feel like if they'd stated how many students they would take on, on their website, I would've reconsidered my application to their med school.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending