The Student Room Group

History Super-Curriculars

I am a Year 12 student who has began writing their personal statement for 2023 entry into University, and I am hoping to study history at a Russell Group.
However, I would like to further the super-curriculars that I have already done, since it might help to have a range of things to pick from the autumn. Perhaps trying to get into something where I am actively working with history?
So far, I have read some critical books and historiographies, listened to podcasts about topics I have been interested in, and am planning to do some MOOCs over the summer.
What would people suggest is the best things to do over the summer? Even if it is just more reading, or recommendations for books! And also, is there any work experience I could do or get involved in, especially volunteering?

Thank you :smile:
National Trust/English Heritage will usually have volunteer opportunities. You will likely be limited by what’s available near to you but it’s a good way to spend time with people of different ages who are interested in history.
Original post by gabskinner
I am a Year 12 student who has began writing their personal statement for 2023 entry into University, and I am hoping to study history at a Russell Group.
However, I would like to further the super-curriculars that I have already done, since it might help to have a range of things to pick from the autumn. Perhaps trying to get into something where I am actively working with history?
So far, I have read some critical books and historiographies, listened to podcasts about topics I have been interested in, and am planning to do some MOOCs over the summer.
What would people suggest is the best things to do over the summer? Even if it is just more reading, or recommendations for books! And also, is there any work experience I could do or get involved in, especially volunteering?

Thank you :smile:

Hehe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending