The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Failing first year placement

Hi looking for advice completed first year of uni nursing. Got results and been informed I’ve failed due to a section not completed on my nursing placement by my
Mentor or myself. I completely missed it. Passed every thing on my placement and assignments. Looking for advice on what my next steps are.
When you fail an assignment, you'll get a chance to resit it although it's capped. You could appeal for an uncapped resit but from what you have said (you just completely accidentally missing it), I can't see them approving an appeal - appeal's are normally for extremely extenuating circumstances but you could still try if you want an uncapped mark, the worst they'll say is no and that you'll have to do it at the capped mark. You only have 10 days to put an appeal in at LHU though, so depending when you got your marks, it might be too late for that
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
I have been told I got a fail and withdraw. Absolutely devastated as I completed everything and passed everything. Completed all my placement hours passed every assignment. This document I missed on my pare is 3 pages long. I’ve been in touch with
My mentor from previous placement to see if she can still add the documentation at her end. Still within my time frame to appeal. Have appt with Su to get advice. Trying to find the right advice is really difficult.
Original post by Anonymous
When you fail an assignment, you'll get a chance to resit it although it's capped. You could appeal for an uncapped resit but from what you have said (you just completely accidentally missing it), I can't see them approving an appeal - appeal's are normally for extremely extenuating circumstances but you could still try if you want an uncapped mark, the worst they'll say is no and that you'll have to do it at the capped mark. You only have 10 days to put an appeal in at LHU though, so depending when you got your marks, it might be too late for that
Original post by Help2022
I have been told I got a fail and withdraw. Absolutely devastated as I completed everything and passed everything. Completed all my placement hours passed every assignment. This document I missed on my pare is 3 pages long. I’ve been in touch with
My mentor from previous placement to see if she can still add the documentation at her end. Still within my time frame to appeal. Have appt with Su to get advice. Trying to find the right advice is really difficult.

If you still have time to appeal, you might as well because you have nothing to lose by trying. LHU policy is you're allowed 1 re-sit free if you fail on something, so you can re-sit at the capped mark worse case scenario. If it's past the deadline, I can't see how they'd allow your mentor to add the missing documents for you, that being said I don't know how your course specifically works and if what is missing is down to your mentor and not you, then I can't see the uni being harsh and not allowing that either. They're pretty lenient and supportive of students IMO
Reply 4
Thank you So much for your reply. I’m still within my 10 days so going to appeal. Because I didn’t fail on what I was meant to achieve at placement I failed because a particular form wasn’t completed. It seems so unfair. It’s literally a document I missed but I am hoping tomorrow morning once uni opened again I get more support to sort it out. Surely a year of placement good academic results good placement feed back will all be taken into consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending