The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU UNI rejection HELP

ON ucas the course showed 2 options, a foundation year (with lower entry requirements) and the normal course.
Later the course automatically changed to the normal course without me knowing. and i was rejected

results day is this august, i thought me moving far would be fine but i now realise.
I live in london and it was the only london uni i applied to, moving far away would be too difficult and i cant take care of my family.
Someone tell me what i can do?
theres not much time, i dont know where to go or what to do
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Misaka!
ON ucas the course showed 2 options, a foundation year (with lower entry requirements) and the normal course.
Later the course automatically changed to the normal course without me knowing. and i was rejected

Are you saying that you applied to both the "with foundation year" and the standard 3-year course at the same time? I didn't even know you could do that. Or did you apply to just one of the two?

Have you tried contacting London South Bank to ask whether they would consider you for the "within foundation year" version of the course?

Original post by Misaka!
results day is this august, i thought me moving far would be fine but i now realise.
I live in london and it was the only london uni i applied to, moving far away would be too difficult and i cant take care of my family.

You say you were rejected by London South Bank, due to the mix-up with the "with foundation year" version of the course, and that it was the only London university to which you applied.

Did you apply to any other (non-London) universities? Did you get any offers from them? Were those offers conditional or unconditional? Have you accepted any of those offers (as firm or insurance)?

One option would be to use UCAS Clearing to apply for a course at a London university. However, the way to do that depends on whether you already have your results (because you took a gap year, for example) or not, and whether you are currently holding any offers or not.
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Are you saying that you applied to both the "with foundation year" and the standard 3-year course at the same time? I didn't even know you could do that. Or did you apply to just one of the two?

Have you tried contacting London South Bank to ask whether they would consider you for the "within foundation year" version of the course?

You say you were rejected by London South Bank, due to the mix-up with the "with foundation year" version of the course, and that it was the only London university to which you applied.

Did you apply to any other (non-London) universities? Did you get any offers from them? Were those offers conditional or unconditional? Have you accepted any of those offers (as firm or insurance)?

One option would be to use UCAS Clearing to apply for a course at a London university. However, the way to do that depends on whether you already have your results (because you took a gap year, for example) or not, and whether you are currently holding any offers or not.

No I applied for the foundation year only, but I guess they got rid of it so it changed.
(They should’ve removed the foundation year off ucas then, coz how would I have known?)

The only London uni I applied to was lsbu
I have 2 offers (both conditional) both unis 3 hrs away, they’re my firm and insurance

No gap year, I’m getting my exam results on the 18th august this year
Original post by Misaka!
No I applied for the foundation year only, but I guess they got rid of it so it changed.
(They should’ve removed the foundation year off ucas then, coz how would I have known?)

The only London uni I applied to was lsbu
I have 2 offers (both conditional) both unis 3 hrs away, they’re my firm and insurance

No gap year, I’m getting my exam results on the 18th august this year

Understood.

In order to enter Clearing you need to have your actual grades, so you'll need to wait until the 18th anyway.

On that day one of three things will happen.
1. Your firm offer will go unconditional (as you'll have met the grade requirements - or been close enough that they accept you anyway).
2. You miss you firm, but your insurance goes unconditional for the same reason as above.
3. You miss the grade requirements of your firm and insurance and so are automatically placed in Clearing.

If you are sure you don't want the firm or insurance place (scenario 1 or 2) then you click Decline my Place in UCAS Track and are placed in Clearing. You can't do this now, as the offer must be unconditional first. Note that you can't undo this decision - once you've declined your place it's gone. So make sure you're sure.

Obviously in scenario 3 you're in Clearing already.

Once you're in Clearing you apply for a London-based course that you're interested in.
Reply 4
Wait to reconfirm, And if I reject my firm and insurance, does it immediately change into clearing and ill get a clearing number so I can start calling unis?Also is it true that you need to have contacted unis before that’s ur interested before calling them for clearing? If so how, do I just email them?
There's a lot of extremely useful information about Clearing here on TSR. It's a series of posts which explains it all in a lot of detail. If you're unsure how to process works, it makes for essential reading.

Original post by Misaka!
Wait to reconfirm, And if I reject my firm and insurance, does it immediately change into clearing and ill get a clearing number...

Correct. (Although in UCAS terminology it's called "decline my place".) See the "Who is eligible for Clearing?" section of this post within the series I mentioned above.

Original post by Misaka!
...so I can start calling unis?Also is it true that you need to have contacted unis before that’s ur interested before calling them for clearing? If so how, do I just email them?

The general approach would be as follows. Check UCAS for courses which are in Clearing. Call several universities which have courses you might be interested in and try to secure a verbal offer. These verbal offers will be time limited. Before that time is up, enter the one you want to formally apply to into UCAS Track. The university confirms your place (as they've already verbally made an offer anyway). Job done.

Note that I say call above, not email (for speed). Some universities will also do this via social media.

All the above (in much more detail) is explained in this post, which is part of the same series of posts.
Original post by Misaka!

Hi @Misaka!...I am sorry to hear that your application was not successful. If you would like some feedback then please email us on: [email protected].

Kind regards,

Sindu- LSBU Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending