The Student Room Group

I'm getting kicked out from Uni International Student

Hi, I'm a second-year international student and I failed the second year because of some reasons that were out of my control. The university just gave me a certificate of higher education and then sent me an e-mail saying I'm withdrawn from the university and should leave the UK, etc.
I sent an appeal with the proof that I have ADHD and Depression.
However, the university still rejected my appeal. I can submit a final review form but I don't think they will be understanding. I really don't know what I am gonna do. Can you guys give me an advice please? Thanks.
I am sorry to hear what you going through. I cannot imagine how hard it is. Unfortunately, without more details about the reasons why they have decided to withdraw you from the course, no one can really tell you what you could do. Plus I don’t understand why they have given you a certificate of higher education. That sounds a bit odd. Or you have or you have not completed your degree. I don’t think they can just issue certificate like this. But I am sure there is a valid explanation which is just not clear to me.
Original post by anton31
I am sorry to hear what you going through. I cannot imagine how hard it is. Unfortunately, without more details about the reasons why they have decided to withdraw you from the course, no one can really tell you what you could do. Plus I don’t understand why they have given you a certificate of higher education. That sounds a bit odd. Or you have or you have not completed your degree. I don’t think they can just issue certificate like this. But I am sure there is a valid explanation which is just not clear to me.

Thank you for your reply. I have failed 7 modules out of 8 maybe that's why but I don't know either. They didn't really give any explanation
The disclosure of ADHD and depression would have been relevant if you'd disclosed it before the failure, not relevant afterwards because they can't factor in facts that they're not aware of. Should have disclosed any mitigation beforehand.
Ask for an explanation.
Sorry just to clarify in the two years how many have you passed?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your reply. I have failed 7 modules out of 8 maybe that's why but I don't know either. They didn't really give any explanation
Reply 5
Original post by anton31

OP completed and presumably passed their first year, and so can be awarded a Certificate of Higher Education. It's not a degree, but it recognises that they have made some progress through a degree. It's irrelevant if a student goes on to complete a degree. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_of_Higher_Education
Please don’t make duplicate threads, it’s against forum rules. Just add updates to the previous one.

As before, the only thing you can do is liaise with your student union and go through the appeals process. If the final outcome is to give you an early exit award then there’s not much you can do, your visa will be cancelled and you’ll have to leave the U.K.
Original post by anton31
Ask for an explanation.
Sorry just to clarify in the two years how many have you passed?

I have passed all of them in the first year, which is 8 modules. However, in the second year I have only passed 1...
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm a second-year international student and I failed the second year because of some reasons that were out of my control. The university just gave me a certificate of higher education and then sent me an e-mail saying I'm withdrawn from the university and should leave the UK, etc.
I sent an appeal with the proof that I have ADHD and Depression.
However, the university still rejected my appeal. I can submit a final review form but I don't think they will be understanding. I really don't know what I am gonna do. Can you guys give me an advice please? Thanks.

hi, i'm in the same situation as you. May i ask you which university you go to? I haven't received my exam outcome but i know i failed everything and attendance is very low because of some reasons that were out of my control. Did your final appeal go successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending