The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

KU Welcome Week: Campus Tours, Course Inductions and More!

With Kingston University's Welcome Week kicking off on Monday 18th, I thought I'd go over some key pieces of information for any lurking KU Freshers.

Campus Tours
Similar to our Open Days, campus tours are run throughout Welcome Week to help you get better acquainted with your new campus - or more importantly, to make sure you don't miss all your classes because you can't find the right lecture hall! They'll run twice a day from Monday 18th September to Friday 22nd, taking place at 10am and 2pm from each campus's Welcome Point.

The Welcome Points are as follows:
Penrhyn Road main reception
Kingston Hill outside the Business School
Knights Park outside the main reception
Roehampton Vale outside the main reception

Don't worry if these locations seem confusing at the moment - each Welcome Point will be clearly marked with lots of Student Ambassadors on-site to point you in the right direction or answer any questions.

Course Inductions
Course Inductions are your first real taster of what your course is all about - you'll meet your tutors, get to grips with your modules, and learn what your academic life is going to look like over the coming term. They are mandatory to attend - so if you don't know what your Welcome Week Course Induction schedule is like, make sure to check the KU App for more information!

Information for International Students
As an international student, Welcome Week can often seem like a bit of a stressful time. Kingston University runs a 'Life in the UK' session during Welcome Week offering additional guidance on how to make the most out of UK life as an international student, so make sure to book that through the KUExtra platform.

Additionally, remember to collect your BRP, and read up on your visa requirements - especially in regards to working in the UK on a student visa.

Welcome Events
This was probably my favourite part of Welcome Week last year - mainly because there was always one or two with snacks! Kingston hosts a number of free events across campus during Welcome Week, ranging from speed friending, caricatures, on-campus DJ performances and games cafés, all easily available to book through KUExtra. Why not have a look and try something new out?

If you've any questions about Welcome Week, or just want to know about Kingston University as a whole, drop a reply down below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending