The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
You need a new fuse, almost certainly. Or the circuit breaker needs flicked back on if you have a fancy house.

What were you using when the electricity cut out?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
DominF
Well none of the sockets are working in my room, I dunno why. The lights do, nothing else though. I'm still online because I'm uber leet hax, but I know absolutely nothing about electricity, what the fancy switch just over the desk which I'm guessing has something to do with power does, or what I should be doing now if there's something I can. Any advice?

Its just an MCB, like a resettable fuse. RCD+MCB protection is done per flat, so if your MCB hasn't flicked off then the problem is flat-wide. Its a common problem on BGP. Lighting is on a different circuit.

You need to phone reception.
Reply 3
DominF
Well none of the sockets are working in my room, I dunno why. The lights do, nothing else though. I'm still online because I'm uber leet hax, but I know absolutely nothing about electricity, what the fancy switch just over the desk which I'm guessing has something to do with power does, or what I should be doing now if there's something I can. Any advice?

The main electricity switch is above your bedroom door if I recall correctly.

If not, just ring/go to the reception and tell them to fix your electricity.
Reply 4
I just called about 5.20ish, some guy fixed it for me. :p: I wish I could know what he did though in case it's something I can do myself.
Lol why do it yourself when there is someone who will do it for you?
Reply 6
Christian_j
Lol why do it yourself when there is someone who will do it for you?

cos it's quicker, you don't have to try to explain something to someone who doesn't know anything about your problem, and you'll probably do it better yourself (or at least you'll think so). The last point is just in general, rather than specific to this problem... I can accept that other people's switch-flipping is probably of the same high standards as my own.

Latest

Trending

Trending