The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Year 11 Summer STEM challenge (2022)

Hello, I just got accepted for Imperial’s year 11 (online) summer STEM challenge. Was making this post so that anyone else reading who got accepted can talk about their initial thoughts, and then their experience after.

Personally, I’m thrilled about getting accepted as I think it's going to look really good on my university applications. Even though it’s a lot less competitive than actually applying for imperial, saying I got accepted to one of their outreach events will still look nice on a personal statement (I think). I also think it would be a great networking opportunity!

I’m not sure what to expect, and I would honestly prefer for it to be in person; now that covid restrictions are gone (but I understand why it needs to be online, as that's how it was initially when applications opened).
How does this chalenge work and can I still apply?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by joshspullen
How does this chalenge work and can I still apply?

Applications are closed. Its a 3 day event that happens over the summer after exams. It is usually in person but this year it is online. It is for year 11s only, if you’re below year 11 you can apply another year, if you’re in year 11 now then you can apply for a different outreach event for year 12s next year. They can be found on the imperial college london website
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey, I'm a year late! But I was considering applying to this course this year, and I was wondering what kind of 'project' you guys did? I'm nervous about maybe not knowing as much as others in my group (I'm interested in the maths side of STEM but I don't take Further Maths GCSE), and presenting the project to others.
Original post by girl_incognito
Hey, I'm a year late! But I was considering applying to this course this year, and I was wondering what kind of 'project' you guys did? I'm nervous about maybe not knowing as much as others in my group (I'm interested in the maths side of STEM but I don't take Further Maths GCSE), and presenting the project to others.

We had 3 webinars by workers in the EV (electric vehicle) industry and we were then asked to design and find a good location for an EV charging station. Half of it was talk about university life eg accommodation and how it works, then it was building a presentation. Don’t worry about the competition part, it’s very relaxed. If you get in tell Kyrillos the ferret guy from 2022 says hi 👋 .
Original post by Oliver Knightley
We had 3 webinars by workers in the EV (electric vehicle) industry and we were then asked to design and find a good location for an EV charging station. Half of it was talk about university life eg accommodation and how it works, then it was building a presentation. Don’t worry about the competition part, it’s very relaxed. If you get in tell Kyrillos the ferret guy from 2022 says hi 👋 .

Thank you!! I'll apply tomorrow and if I do get in I'll tell Kyrillos what you said lol
Reply 6
hey, I'm applying this year and would love to know what kind of things you wrote in your personal statement? It doesn't give any pointers or anything so I'm unsure where to start. thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending