The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

making friends perhaps?

i'm going to be attending the university of leeds starting this september and was wondering if anyone is interested in being friends? i'm doing graphic design but idk how popular the course is so it doesn't matter what course you're on! i'll also be commuting so i don't want it to be difficult to talk to people because of that
Yoo I'm doing Electrical And Electronic Engineering in Leeds next month
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
have u started the course btw?
if so i was wondering if i could ask a few questions
Reply 3
Original post by Duda005
have u started the course btw?
if so i was wondering if i could ask a few questions

hi, yeah i have!
Reply 4
How are u liking the course? I’ve hard it’s too academic (more theory and less actual practice in making designs and projects).
Reply 5
Original post by Duda005
How are u liking the course? I’ve hard it’s too academic (more theory and less actual practice in making designs and projects).

im liking it well enough so far but honestly id have to agree haha... i shouldve gone with mmu 😩
Reply 6
Is it fun tho? How creative is the course?
Reply 7
Original post by Duda005
Is it fun tho? How creative is the course?

i don't think its AS academically focused as people make it out to be, there's a decent balance between practical creative work and academic work, and there's definitely not any formal exams or anything of the sort, the most academic thing i have this year is an essay for a design history course. we get a big project over each semester to work on throughout the term, and little 'minibriefs' to develop style and technique every week, which i enjoy! and the time table is pretty lightweight too which is nice
Reply 8
That sounds fair and like I imagined :smile:
I was worried it was like 3:1 theory:tongue:ractical.
How many days a week are u in? Is it a lot?
Reply 9
3 days a week and i finish before 1pm every day!
Reply 10
Original post by Duda005
That sounds fair and like I imagined :smile:
I was worried it was like 3:1 theory:tongue:ractical.
How many days a week are u in? Is it a lot?

also im assuming youre in year 13 rn? or maybe 12?
Reply 11
Yep I am in y13! Wow it is lightweight. Tysm u helped me loads. I’m indecisive between Beckett and UoL. But I am rly excited to start the course haha can’t wait to get exams over with
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 12
Last question hehe
So does your timetable consist of lectures and studio based classes?
Reply 13
Original post by Duda005
Last question hehe
So does your timetable consist of lectures and studio based classes?

yep, both lectures and workshops (practical classes)! this semester i have 5 hours of workshops over two days and 3 hours of lecture, as well as 1 seminar (each week) but it might change depending on how they decide to structure it next year, and also whichever optional module you pick! and i'm glad to have helped you, good luck on the exams!

Quick Reply

Latest