The Student Room Group

Official: St George's, University of London A100 2023 Entry

Welcome to the St George's A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

2023 St George's Offer Holder thread here

SGUL A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6963400

For general information click: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/medicine-mbbs/entry-criteria

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I have just read through the 2022 "Which Medical School Should I apply to?" mega thread.
After reading through the guidance to secure interviews table: I am considering applying to St Georges for 2023 entry, but wanted informed guidance on this thread.

My stats are:
GCSE's
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Mathematics - 9
English Language - 7
English Lit - 9
Physics - 9
French - 8
Business studies - 7
Art - 8
Geography - 8

Predicted A levels
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Mathematics - A*

UCAT - (overall 2770)
VR - 640
DM - 710
QR - 740
AR - 680
SJ - Band 2

Work experience
Shadowed GP for a week, working at McDonalds for 1 year, BSMS and Observe GP virtual experience, Day care centre volunteer for 3 months.

Contextual Background
Live in POLAR Quintile 1 area, not sure about if St Georges has WP programme.

I am intent to apply for St Georges, as well as Plymouth, Aston (31/36 points) and Exeter (98/100 points). Please could I have an evaluation on my chances of attaining an interview at St Georges. And if possible, does anyone know the interview to offer ratio for 2021?
In advance, thank you for your time and efforts.
Original post by shaza_xox
Hi I have just read through the 2022 "Which Medical School Should I apply to?" mega thread.
After reading through the guidance to secure interviews table: I am considering applying to St Georges for 2023 entry, but wanted informed guidance on this thread.

My stats are:
GCSE's
Chemistry - 9
Biology - 9
Mathematics - 9
English Language - 7
English Lit - 9
Physics - 9
French - 8
Business studies - 7
Art - 8
Geography - 8

Predicted A levels
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Mathematics - A*

UCAT - (overall 2770)
VR - 640
DM - 710
QR - 740
AR - 680
SJ - Band 2

Work experience
Shadowed GP for a week, working at McDonalds for 1 year, BSMS and Observe GP virtual experience, Day care centre volunteer for 3 months.

Contextual Background
Live in POLAR Quintile 1 area, not sure about if St Georges has WP programme.

I am intent to apply for St Georges, as well as Plymouth, Aston (31/36 points) and Exeter (98/100 points). Please could I have an evaluation on my chances of attaining an interview at St Georges. And if possible, does anyone know the interview to offer ratio for 2021?
In advance, thank you for your time and efforts.

Have you posted in that thread as well?

Your UCAT is 50 points above SGUL's cutoff last year so probably OK. Plymouth should be fine too.
Aston's cutoff seemed to be around 32 points last year, but they had chaos with their scoring system, and lower if you have WP criteria. @GANFYD probably knows more (she knows all :smile:)
Exeter may be a bit low honestly - they seemed to require full scores last year.

Pretty sure SGUL publish data like interview to offer ratio.
Reply 3
Original post by becausethenight

Your UCAT is 50 points above SGUL's cutoff last year so probably OK. Plymouth should be fine too.
Aston's cutoff seemed to be around 32 points last year, but they had chaos with their scoring system, and lower if you have WP criteria. @GANFYD probably knows more (she knows all :smile:)
Exeter may be a bit low honestly - they seemed to require full scores last year.

As usual, you are not wrong! Though they will not release 2022 data just yet
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/how-to-apply/admissions-statistics
Original post by GANFYD
As usual, you are not wrong! Though they will not release 2022 data just yet
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/how-to-apply/admissions-statistics

Thanks :hugs: Wasn’t sure about Aston even after a good look through the thread!
Original post by becausethenight

Thank you for your swift reply.
I thought the other thread was 2022 entry only, but I will post on there now :smile:

Last question. Does SGUL use interview performance only when giving an offer?
Hi, I’m looking into the selection process for St Georges and their website states ‘For 2023 entry, we will be considering the ‘Situational Judgement’ SJT Banding scores in our decision making.’
I can’t find any more detail on how they will use this, and historically it appears they haven’t used it. Has anyone been able to find out how they are going to use the SJT? I got band 2, so need to consider if this is going to affect me.
Thanks!
Hello, I'm an international student applying for A100 2023 Entry at SGUL. I checked my country's academic requirements and was shown the minimum score for "subjects specified on course pages". I checked and saw Biology and Chemistry for A-Levels and Physics and Maths for IB. I have Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the A-Level (equivalent) but not Maths, although I had an A* (equivalent) at the GCSE (equivalent) level. From a strictly academic perspective, can I still apply without Maths or will my chances be much lower and I should look elsewhere?
is 2800 b2 okay for sgul? i know i'm above their previous ucat cut of but there was a 90 point increase from 2021 to 2022( went from 2620 to 2710) scared my score might be risky if theres still a big jump
Original post by rkjonas627
Hi, I’m looking into the selection process for St Georges and their website states ‘For 2023 entry, we will be considering the ‘Situational Judgement’ SJT Banding scores in our decision making.’
I can’t find any more detail on how they will use this, and historically it appears they haven’t used it. Has anyone been able to find out how they are going to use the SJT? I got band 2, so need to consider if this is going to affect me.
Thanks!

Hello I called today about this and got no further info than what is published. They might not even know themselves yet which is my suspicion. Leaving it vague until they are able to crunch the numbers and see what works best for them. Just a guess though
I’m thinking of applying here to but I’m a grad and the cut off for the last 2 years was 2800/2810 and I got 2820 but I got band 1 so I’m hoping that will help me. I got loads of work experience cause it’s compulsory for some grad courses but I’m not sure of the weighting for the application does anyone know?
Hi
Planning to apply to SGUL with a gap year
I have scored UCAT 2820 band 1
Achieved A levels - AAA
Is there any chance for interview with these stats?
Also may I know the cut off for 2022 entry please
Original post by Dhanuson
Hi
Achieved A levels - AAA

Cutoff last year was 2710. Their minimum a level requirements are AAA including both bio and chem. I assume you’ve done both of these sciences, the question is the grades. Their standard offer -80% of applicants receive the standard offer- is A*AA. You may be fine as you achieved the AAA before application but I’m not sure as you would miss your A*AA offer if your a levels were predicted not achieved. Maybe @GANFYD knows more how they apply the minimum vs standard offer for achieved applicants? If not I’d just ring and confirm they’d accept your AAA and wouldn’t apply the standard offer to you. Otherwise you’ve got a competitive application I would think x
Thank you Chi Chi 5

Original post by Chi chi5
Cutoff last year was 2710. Their minimum a level requirements are AAA including both bio and chem. I assume you’ve done both of these sciences, the question is the grades. Their standard offer -80% of applicants receive the standard offer- is A*AA. You may be fine as you achieved the AAA before application but I’m not sure as you would miss your A*AA offer if your a levels were predicted not achieved. Maybe @GANFYD knows more how they apply the minimum vs standard offer for achieved applicants? If not I’d just ring and confirm they’d accept your AAA and wouldn’t apply the standard offer to you. Otherwise you’ve got a competitive application I would think x
Hi I might be confusing the two medical schools (SGU London and SGU in Greneda) but are both schools offering the USMLE course as well as an intern year in the US? It's confusing because I read in one source that the studying in the USA option is in Greneda but the other source says that SGU London does this too. Also, are the two schools connected?
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi
Achieved A levels - AAA

Hey,
I just emailed St George's to confirm this (I've also achieved AAA) and got this response. I thought it might help with your applications.:smile:Screenshot_20220915-121627_Outlook.jpg

Best of luck!:h:
Original post by Jessi2004
Hey,
I just emailed St George's to confirm this (I've also achieved AAA) and got this response. I thought it might help with your applications.:smile:Screenshot_20220915-121627_Outlook.jpg

Thank you that clarifies it! Best of luck
Thank you that clarifies it! Best of luck

No worries. Thank you so much!:smile:
:smile:Thank you so much .. ur a ⭐️
Original post by Jessi2004
Hey,

:smile:Thank you so much .. ur a ⭐️

Aww no worries, best of luck with your application! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending