The Student Room Group

Is AAA achieved grades competitive enough for dentistry???

I received my A level results today and I got AAA. I don't have any offers to study dentistry and I'm reapplying for next year. I don't want to sound annoying because I know achieving AAA is good lol but everyone I know who received an offer for dentistry got predicted/achieved at least A*AA. Is it enough to get me an interview for dentistry since the competition is rising rapidly especially over the past 2 years? I sent my biology papers for a remark as I was 4 marks off an A* but I know how unlikely it is for me to get an A* at this point. Has anyone received any offers to study dentistry in the past few years with AAA achieved/predicted? And what are peoples' opinions about the competition to study dentistry for 2023. Will it be as competitive as it was in 2022, or will it be slightly easier to get an interview since grades are not as inflated and covid is dying down?
Thanks
AAA is definitely good enough. Pretty sure that's the minimum requirements for dentistry and med. Good luck!!
AAA is the minimum entry requirement for many dental schools so you would not be rejected based on this. However, it also doesn't guarantee an interview because dental schools may consider other aspects of your application such as UCAT score and GCSE grades.
KCL and QMUL are the only dental schools that require A*AA. All other dental schools require AAA.
Reply 4
Original post by d1234321
I received my A level results today and I got AAA. I don't have any offers to study dentistry and I'm reapplying for next year. I don't want to sound annoying because I know achieving AAA is good lol but everyone I know who received an offer for dentistry got predicted/achieved at least A*AA. Is it enough to get me an interview for dentistry since the competition is rising rapidly especially over the past 2 years? I sent my biology papers for a remark as I was 4 marks off an A* but I know how unlikely it is for me to get an A* at this point. Has anyone received any offers to study dentistry in the past few years with AAA achieved/predicted? And what are peoples' opinions about the competition to study dentistry for 2023. Will it be as competitive as it was in 2022, or will it be slightly easier to get an interview since grades are not as inflated and covid is dying down?
Thanks

I know this is late but did you end up applying/ have you got any offers if you dont mind me asking!!

Quick Reply

Latest