The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

ATAS and timeframe

Hello all!

I am an international student from India and I've received a conditional offer from NTU for MRes Physics which requires me to have an ATAS certificate as part of the conditional offer. According to the Gov. UK website the minimum amount of days required for ATAS processing is 20 and they say it would probably take around 30 days between July and September.

My question is, since it would take 30 days to get the ATAS, probably 10 more for the CAS to apply for a visa and then another 10-20 days for the visa to arrive, I would be atleast 20-30 days late to the start of the course (start date is 19th of September 2022). Is it still worth considering and going through with the entire application process for the ATAS and then being almost a month late from the course start date or should I just drop the idea?
Original post by TanAsh
Hello all!

I am an international student from India and I've received a conditional offer from NTU for MRes Physics which requires me to have an ATAS certificate as part of the conditional offer. According to the Gov. UK website the minimum amount of days required for ATAS processing is 20 and they say it would probably take around 30 days between July and September.

My question is, since it would take 30 days to get the ATAS, probably 10 more for the CAS to apply for a visa and then another 10-20 days for the visa to arrive, I would be atleast 20-30 days late to the start of the course (start date is 19th of September 2022). Is it still worth considering and going through with the entire application process for the ATAS and then being almost a month late from the course start date or should I just drop the idea?

I would suggest you apply for your ATAS certificate as soon as you can and then apply for a priority/super priority visa.

Please keep your university in touch and let them know what's holding you up.

All the best.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by TanAsh
Hello all!

By the way, when ATAS says 30 days, they mean 30 working days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending