The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Will KCL accept my mitigating circumstances?

Hello
I failed first year and I was re entered to sit the summer exams. I had an offer at KCL and they asked for my first year results as a condition.
However I have had a horrible year and that’s really affected my academics. I’ve recently become estranged from my parents due to the abuse I was facing at home, I was raped early this year, my medical condition completely affected my life and I was left bedridden for most of the year and my mental health completely plummeted. I attempted to do the summer resits and I was unable to submit anything at all. So I have no first year results. Do you think I’ll be able to call KCL up and explain my situation and ask to do extra things over the year to cover my lack of results. I’m currently seeing a therapist, I have been corresponding with my doctors and surgeon about my medical health. I have physical proof of my hardships but, Is there any chance KCL will accept this?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello
I failed first year and I was re entered to sit the summer exams. I had an offer at KCL and they asked for my first year results as a condition.
However I have had a horrible year and that’s really affected my academics. I’ve recently become estranged from my parents due to the abuse I was facing at home, I was raped early this year, my medical condition completely affected my life and I was left bedridden for most of the year and my mental health completely plummeted. I attempted to do the summer resits and I was unable to submit anything at all. So I have no first year results. Do you think I’ll be able to call KCL up and explain my situation and ask to do extra things over the year to cover my lack of results. I’m currently seeing a therapist, I have been corresponding with my doctors and surgeon about my medical health. I have physical proof of my hardships but, Is there any chance KCL will accept this?

Firstly I’m sorry you’ve gone through all that, and I’m sorry that you’re now in this situation through no fault of your own. I can’t say whether or not KCL will accept this but your best bet is to call or email and explain the situation, and hopefully there’s something they can do. Best of luck in the future x
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi, I am really sorry about everything you have gone through and endured.
Kindly could you give me an update as to what KCL said in the end?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest