The Student Room Group

English born student, second degree (radiography) What support is available?

I was set to do radiography in England. I had my grades, my offer and funding in place. Life has been the unpredictable beast it is and has completely gone upside-down. I can not longer accept my place, and almost certainly will need to move to Scotland to be near a very sick family member. If I were to do my course I would need to reapply in Scotland, but I am finding it very hard to seek out the information I need. My current worried mind isn't helping that too much.

i'd be very grateful if anyone could provide any answers to these questions. This will be a second degree. My first was an English degree. I know certain NHS/allied health related degrees are granted student finance in England. Does this change in Scotland? Studying in England I was able to take out the loan to cover fees and the maintenance loan. Would an English student studying in Scotland still be able to have the NHS bursary?

My last question is not finance related, but to reach the entry requirements I undertook an Access Course as im mature student. Do Scottish universities recognise Access qualifications? Very grateful for any feedback.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Fullsteamahead
I was set to do radiography in England. I had my grades, my offer and funding in place. Life has been the unpredictable beast it is and has completely gone upside-down. I can not longer accept my place, and almost certainly will need to move to Scotland to be near a very sick family member. If I were to do my course I would need to reapply in Scotland, but I am finding it very hard to seek out the information I need. My current worried mind isn't helping that too much.

i'd be very grateful if anyone could provide any answers to these questions. This will be a second degree. My first was an English degree. I know certain NHS/allied health related degrees are granted student finance in England. Does this change in Scotland? Studying in England I was able to take out the loan to cover fees and the maintenance loan. Would an English student studying in Scotland still be able to have the NHS bursary?

My last question is not finance related, but to reach the entry requirements I undertook an Access Course as im mature student. Do Scottish universities recognise Access qualifications? Very grateful for any feedback.

Talk to student finance England about this matter.

You can apply to do your course in Scotland Via SFE who'll hopefully provide the funds for you to do the course
If you are a English born resident and having to move to Scotland to assist with your family you'll not be able to get Scottish university funding. They will guide you through this process okay.
Can an English person get free uni in Scotland -
Students who live in Scotland can get free university tuition if they stay in Scotland to study. To be eligible, they need to have lived in Scotland for the three years before they applied to university. Students from the rest of the UK who study in Scotland need to pay tuition fees.

Can An English student get a loan to study in Scotland.......
If you study outside Scotland your fees won't be paid, but you can get a student loan. At English and Northern Irish universities, you can be charged up to £9,250 per year for undergraduate tuition. ).

Also contact SAAS as well for information about this okay 👍
Good luck 😃
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending