The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gradmedicine2023
Mine was 59 and not Welsh! Pleasently surprised to get an interview invite

I gave up on interviews for this year. Extremely surprised for an interview to come through. I feel like they made a mistake not gonna lie.
Original post by Gradmedicine2023
Mine was 59 and not Welsh! Pleasently surprised to get an interview invite

Yeah I was slightly surprised as well. Swansea was the one I thought I was least likely to get an interview for since I think they’re non welsh cut off last year was around 62
Would anyone like to form a study group of sorts through Facebook or another online platform to practise for the upcoming interview?
Would anyone like to form a study group of sorts through Facebook or another online platform e.g. zoom to practise for the upcoming interviews/written exam?
Original post by Bananas20012
Yeah I was slightly surprised as well. Swansea was the one I thought I was least likely to get an interview for since I think they’re non welsh cut off last year was around 62

is there a possibility that they made an error lol?
Original post by Bananas20012

The average for September GAMSAT was significantly lower than march. Plus its a global average, U.K might have been even lower
Original post by LongWood22
is there a possibility that they made an error lol?

I’m thinking this too lol I’m VERY surprised at being asked to interview! It’s either an error or they must have changed their threshold massively this year and invited everyone who fulfils the minimum GAMSAT score on the website to interview as they have more places this year?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sinodxx1
I’m thinking this too lol I’m VERY surprised at being asked to interview! It’s either an error or they must have changed their threshold massively this year and invited everyone who fulfils the minimum GAMSAT score on the website to interview as they have more places this year?

They have increased their capacity to 140. If I had to guess, this is the reason for a lower cut off
Taking into account that the previous two years have been home exams as well as the great shift in the graph equating to a higher percentile it definitely isn’t an error. I think this year peoples scores will be lower overall. Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview, be proud!!

Original post by Sinodxx1
Original post by Chloe.eid
Taking into account that the previous two years have been home exams as well as the great shift in the graph equating to a higher percentile it definitely isn’t an error. I think this year peoples scores will be lower overall. Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview, be proud!!

what funny is that swansea was the one I was LEAST expecting an interview from haha.
Hopefully that means lower cut offs for SGUL and Notts
Reply 30
Original post by LongWood22
what funny is that swansea was the one I was LEAST expecting an interview from haha.
Hopefully that means lower cut offs for SGUL and Notts

Same, got an interview and only added Swansea as an option on a whim, hoping you’re right about Nottingham and SGUL 👌
Reply 31
How many spots were there last year? Where are we getting the 140 places statistic from?
Original post by crows
How many spots were there last year? Where are we getting the 140 places statistic from?

On the eventbrite website for booking the interview. "There are approximately 140 places"
Original post by Cheli1999
Would anyone like to form a study group of sorts through Facebook or another online platform e.g. zoom to practise for the upcoming interviews/written exam?

I'd be down for that :smile:
Reply 34
Has anyone with an interview invite signed the Code of Professional Practice yet? The link was in the email. At a certain point on the penultimate page of the form they have a link to the professional code from the GMC that they expect you to read before signing, however the link doesn't work for me. Anyone had this issue? I'm gonna send them an email anyway.
Original post by JayM9
Has anyone with an interview invite signed the Code of Professional Practice yet? The link was in the email. At a certain point on the penultimate page of the form they have a link to the professional code from the GMC that they expect you to read before signing, however the link doesn't work for me. Anyone had this issue? I'm gonna send them an email anyway.

Worked fine for me. You could always google the GMC doc.
Reply 36
Original post by arobrusker
Worked fine for me. You could always google the GMC doc.

Okay I feel stupid now, the link didn't work because there was a hyphen in it so it didn't try to open the full address, copy and pasting worked. Hopefully this isn't something they try to assess at the interview.
Has anyone done the numerical/writing test before? It makes me quite nervous, has anyone got any tips or resources that they have used :smile:
Reply 38
Hi all, I know this is a dumb question but anyone else not realise the deadline for picking the interview and test dates? I’ve just noticed this now and have contacted the university to ask if I can still book on. Anyone else done the same thing as me and been successful in being added on last minute?

Panic over, if anyone else has done the same as me, please call the University and they will slot you in 🙏
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Grad_Medic
Has anyone done the numerical/writing test before? It makes me quite nervous, has anyone got any tips or resources that they have used :smile:

Spoke to a lovely lady in admissions, and she mentioned the calculations will be between GCSE and A-level in terms of difficulty if that helps with your revision?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending