The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Do they release sample papers nearer to the interview time?
Reply 41
When you say samples papers do you mean access to the online system on which the test will be completed?
Reply 42
Original post by CitizenHK
Do they release sample papers nearer to the interview time?

When you say samples papers do you mean access to the online system on which the test will be completed?
Original post by jks

More like a practice paper before the exam. On a previous post, someone had mentioned that a link becomes available for a practice paper beforehand on the eventbrite page
Reply 44
We received a link that allows us to access a practice test that is available from the 1st Jan to the 9th Jan
Reply 45
Original post by JayM9
We received a link that allows us to access a practice test that is available from the 1st Jan to the 9th Jan

Was this via email?

More like a practice paper before the exam. On a previous post, someone had mentioned that a link becomes available for a practice paper beforehand on the eventbrite page

Ohh I was going to say that we have access to the system from 1st-9th January but the person above has already mentioned that
Reply 46
Original post by jks
Was this via email?

Ohh I was going to say that we have access to the system from 1st-9th January but the person above has already mentioned that

The link was on the eventbrite page you would have used to book the test and interview from following the link in the interview email invite.
Reply 47
Original post by JayM9
The link was on the eventbrite page you would have used to book the test and interview from following the link in the interview email invite.

Thank you for clarifying, didn’t want to accidentally miss an email since I managed to miss the booking deadline 😂😂
Reply 48
Original post by jks
Thank you for clarifying, didn’t want to accidentally miss an email since I managed to miss the booking deadline 😂😂

I saved all the information on that page as a pdf as it seemed important and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to access it again lol. It seems such a strange place to put it but oh well
Reply 49
Original post by JayM9
I saved all the information on that page as a pdf as it seemed important and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to access it again lol. It seems such a strange place to put it but oh well

Such a good idea, but the lady I spoke to said it will be available on there this whole time anyway (for anyone who is panicking that they haven’t). I kind of wish they would give us access to the link now, I’d say we’re all more free now than we are after new years 😅
Reply 50
Yup, I'm not even sure what I can do to prepare right now...
Original post by jks
Such a good idea, but the lady I spoke to said it will be available on there this whole time anyway (for anyone who is panicking that they haven’t). I kind of wish they would give us access to the link now, I’d say we’re all more free now than we are after new years 😅
Reply 51
Original post by nicole.ik
Yup, I'm not even sure what I can do to prepare right now...

I think I’m just going to have a look at the STJ section in the UCAT for now to see what types of scenarios that may come up and then after the 1st we’ll have a better idea once we can access the link?
Reply 52
I think the written assessment is like a counterpart to things that will come up in the interview, so as a doctor you will be writing lots of letters and emails which might need certain qualities like empathy when writing, and I think that is what they're going to be testing. That's just me guessing anyways.

When people were sending a photo of themselves, did you go to the effort of making it like an official passport photo or was it more like a selfie?
Reply 53
Original post by JayM9
I think the written assessment is like a counterpart to things that will come up in the interview, so as a doctor you will be writing lots of letters and emails which might need certain qualities like empathy when writing, and I think that is what they're going to be testing. That's just me guessing anyways.

When people were sending a photo of themselves, did you go to the effort of making it like an official passport photo or was it more like a selfie?

True, and when I spoke to the lady she said a selfie basically.
Reply 54
The test link is open now, has anyone been on it yet?
Original post by jks

Is it on the eventbrite page? I can't find it on mine
Is it on the eventbrite page? I can't find it on mine

Found it! Will look at it tomorrow
Original post by jks

I went on it just to check it out. There is a 60 minute timer on it and it didn’t reset when I closed and opened the page again so I closed it until I can get to it properly. No idea what will be on the test.
Reply 58
Original post by arobrusker
I went on it just to check it out. There is a 60 minute timer on it and it didn’t reset when I closed and opened the page again so I closed it until I can get to it properly. No idea what will be on the test.

Yeah I’m scared to go on it in case we don’t get access to it again. So I need to be focused in exam conditions to get the most out of the sample questions 🙈
(edited 1 year ago)
Okay I sat down to do the test today. I won't say much more because I don't want to spoil it for people wanting a blind practice, but it wasn't difficult, per se. Just a bit lengthy. Definitely practice typing fast haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending