The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jks
Anyone else stressed for this test or is it just me 🥹

I think once you start the test, you'll get into the swing of it and be able to focus on answering the questions. I am a little stressed but I think doing the practice test helped and gave me an idea of what to expect and what I can work on to prepare which I think helps with the stress.
Reply 81
Original post by JayM9
I think once you start the test, you'll get into the swing of it and be able to focus on answering the questions. I am a little stressed but I think doing the practice test helped and gave me an idea of what to expect and what I can work on to prepare which I think helps with the stress.

I hope so, I just wish we had some idea of whether we were along the right lines with answers being provided to us for the situational judgement. The calculations weren’t too bad though 😅
Original post by jks
Anyone else stressed for this test or is it just me 🥹

I definitely am. Felt like I couldn't prepare much tbh. I read GMC guidance and did some drug calculation questions. At least the maths will be fine. I'm quite worried about the written portion.
Reply 83
Original post by arobrusker
I definitely am. Felt like I couldn't prepare much tbh. I read GMC guidance and did some drug calculation questions. At least the maths will be fine. I'm quite worried about the written portion.

Same! I haven’t read the GMC guidance yet but that is my plan, when do you have your exam?
Original post by jks
Same! I haven’t read the GMC guidance yet but that is my plan, when do you have your exam?

Tomorrow at 3.
Reply 85
Original post by arobrusker
Tomorrow at 3.

I would like the post but TSR for some reason doesn’t let me, I’ll be so happy when this is all over
Hello, does anyone remember any of the practice test questions? I assume we are allowed to discuss these questions as it isn’t the real thing? I planned to do the test this morning not realising you couldn’t access it after the 9th. Really silly mistake on my part, if anyone remembers any questions I would be very grateful.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Alanna1511
Hello, does anyone remember any of the practice test questions? I assume we are allowed to discuss these questions as it isn’t the real thing? I planned to do the test this morning not realising you couldn’t access it after the 9th. Really silly mistake on my part, if anyone remembers any questions I would be very grateful.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss them - have you emailed the uni?
Anyone else have any ideas how to properly justify ourselves in the SJT, Ive jut been using the four pillars and generic GMC guidance but I don't know what else to use
Reply 89
Original post by Alanna1511

Hey I am in the exact same boat unfortunately! Please let me know if you've got any of the questions Id really appreciate it! As a former Swansea Graduate Im happy to answer any questions about the uni or city. XX
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Gradmedicine2023
I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss them - have you emailed the uni?

Yeah I emailed they basically said after the forum closes there’s nothing they can do unfortunately. I didn’t ask if we can discuss the practice questions, maybe best not to.
I've also done the same as you! :frown: here's hoping someone can help
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 92
Does anyone know how many questions are on the SJT portion?
Did anyone do the test today? How did you find it?
I'm assuming we don't have to wear smart clothing for the written assessment?
Reply 95
Hey folks, spreadsheet guy / non-applicant here

Wanted to ask, are your interviews spread over two days? Or is it people inputting their test day + interview day in the same cell?

Wishing good luck to you all!!

(In case you don't know what I'm on about: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JXjEx9X9xCkcg94TtZH1umJwX8I1eGhE2GajvpYrK2E/edit#gid=631904644 )
Original post by 548
Hey folks, spreadsheet guy / non-applicant here

Wanted to ask, are your interviews spread over two days? Or is it people inputting their test day + interview day in the same cell?

Wishing good luck to you all!!

(In case you don't know what I'm on about: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JXjEx9X9xCkcg94TtZH1umJwX8I1eGhE2GajvpYrK2E/edit#gid=631904644 )

Some people have put their interview and test dates in the same cell. Interview is just the one day.
Original post by jose99
Does anyone know how many questions are on the SJT portion?

Same as in the practice test - they didn't add any more questions
Original post by dan_damn

I did mine today, it was difficult to know when to stop typing / how much detail to go into when doing the timeline considering how much time we're given.
Original post by dan_damn

It was okay. Really difficult to tell how I did on the written section but I felt the maths section was fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending