The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Official QMUL 2023 Applicants Thread

Welcome to the applicant discussion thread, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course at Queen Mary University of London for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

Questions to get things started -
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3 - Why QMUL?
4 - Other unis you're interested in?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

1) Medicine
2) A Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths
3) Went to their open day, good environment and buildings
4) UCL, St George's, Imperial, King's College
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Does anyone know what studying medicine at QMUL is like?

Do a lot of people drop out a lot?

How many people make it to 5th year of a 1st year cohort?

What is the resit policy like?

How is the style of teaching, do you learn things or do you self study a lot, are the lecturers good at teaching?

How are the placements and do you feel like you learn anything on them?

As much insight will be highly appreciated.
This is final year. I only got Merit last year which is very low. I want to apply for business management at QMUL. Is there anyone who got into it with BTEC?
1 - What course are you applying for? I am hoping to receive a place on the Global Law course (if anyone has gotten in or is thinking of applying do you guys have any tips?)
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Economics, Eng Lit and Maths
3 - Why QMUL? The course it offers is the one best suited for me and fits all of my requirements whilst being in London and also a member of the Russel group
4 - Other unis you're interested in? So far, KCL, UCL, Warwick, SOAS and considerations for insurance choices so far: Surrey and Kent?
Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome to the applicant discussion thread, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course at Queen Mary University of London for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

3 - Why QMUL?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Hi I would like to know how many btec students got accepted for computer science in QMUL
Reply 6
Original post by JamesMcBrum
Hi I would like to know how many btec students got accepted for computer science in QMUL

Try sending the uni a Freedom of Information request
hi What was ur ucat score
Original post by frostedberries
1) Medicine
2) A Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths
3) Went to their open day, good environment and buildings
4) UCL, St George's, Imperial, King's College

Hey! I applied for Medicine too
Original post by Anonymous
1 - What course are you applying for? I am hoping to receive a place on the Global Law course (if anyone has gotten in or is thinking of applying do you guys have any tips?)
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking? Economics, Eng Lit and Maths
3 - Why QMUL? The course it offers is the one best suited for me and fits all of my requirements whilst being in London and also a member of the Russel group
4 - Other unis you're interested in? So far, KCL, UCL, Warwick, SOAS and considerations for insurance choices so far: Surrey and Kent?

Hey! I just got an offer today for normal Law, not Global Law, but I imagine they look for the same sort of thing. I would recommend applying as early as you can and having a very academic personal statement :smile: Talk about stuff you've read in depth- definitely quality over quantity!
Original post by kalinahagen
Hey! I just got an offer today for normal Law, not Global Law, but I imagine they look for the same sort of thing. I would recommend applying as early as you can and having a very academic personal statement :smile: Talk about stuff you've read in depth- definitely quality over quantity!

Congrats on your offer!!! When did you apply??
Congratulations man. How early is early do you think?
Original post by susuackerman
Congrats on your offer!!! When did you apply??

Thank you! I think about a week ago. I also applied to LSE, KCL, Oxford, and Exeter. I'm very reassured to have at least one offer haha
Original post by EdwardKnows
Congratulations man. How early is early do you think?

Thank you! Since their deadline is in January, I'd say probably before November. If you do apply later it's definitely not the end of the world, but clearly they take applications as they come so if you apply early you have a much better chance.
Original post by kalinahagen
Thank you! I think about a week ago. I also applied to LSE, KCL, Oxford, and Exeter. I'm very reassured to have at least one offer haha

I applied to the same unis but swap Exeter with UCL :,)
Is anyone getting offers for Master's studies??
1. Applied for Bsc Economics, Finance and Management
2. My A Levels are Economics, Maths and Spanish
3. QMUL bcs of its London location as well as academic prestige being a Russell Group
4. My other choices are KCL, UCL, LSE and Oxford
1.What course are you applying for?
LLB Law
2. What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
I'm taking Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and English (CBSE Curriculum)
3. Why QMUL?
Manchester, Durham, KCL and Oxford. (Received an offer from Manchester a couple days ago)
Original post by Sinnoh

3 - Why QMUL?

Undecided. Interested in computer systems engineering or something similiar Enjoyed the recent open day and was about to apply, but students around me and teachers are saying it's not a good uni. I don't understand why, but it's putting me off. Anyone know why?
I’m planning on studying pharmacology and innovative therapeutics at QMUL, however I was wondering if the chemistry side of things is enjoyable, as a level chemistry is giving me doubts about applying. If there is anything that could help me further my research on the course itself, that would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending