The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University of London 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome to the applicant discussion thread, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course at City University of London for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

Questions to get things started -
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3 - Why City?
4 - Other unis you're interested in?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Applied for Criminology, I do sociology, history and philosophy and I am predicted ABB. City is easy for me to commute to and they have one of the best rankings in the UK for criminology (1st in London). Other universities I’m interested in are Birmingham, Kingston and Westminster
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome to the applicant discussion thread, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course at City University of London for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

3 - Why City?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

For my final choice for Law I applied for West London but I'm planning on substituting it for City. Any advice on City's LLB programme?
Reply 22
got an offer for international business!
Original post by amia12

Congratulations!
Original post by Sinnoh

3 - Why City?

1 - Speech and Language Therapy!
2 - I have an ABC in Art, English Lang and History, but I also have a prior degree in Linguistics
3 - It's the only uni I can commute to since there's nothing else in the South East and I can't afford to move away right now
4- Only Greenwich because it's the only uni in the London area offering this coure. The rest are all North
Reply 25
Original post by konoto1999
1 - Speech and Language Therapy!
2 - I have an ABC in Art, English Lang and History, but I also have a prior degree in Linguistics
3 - It's the only uni I can commute to since there's nothing else in the South East and I can't afford to move away right now
4- Only Greenwich because it's the only uni in the London area offering this coure. The rest are all North

Hiya, are you applying for the undergraduate or masters degree?
Reply 26
congrats! when did you apply?
Original post by amia12
Reply 27
Original post by Sinnoh

3 - Why City?

1- Sociology with psychology
2-Sociology, Psychology, Biology (AAC)
3-Love London and the opportunities it has to offer
4-uni of Leeds, uni of Sheffield, uni of York, Leeds Beckett but city is top choice
Got an offer for Computer Science with 31 IB points, 5 in English SL and 5 in Mathematics HL. 40 Predicted with 766, so city will probably be my insurance. King's or LSE will be firm given I receive an offer.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 29
Original post by irk1
congrats! when did you apply?

i applied on the 10th or 11th of january :smile: good luck!
Original post by 2760
Hiya, are you applying for the undergraduate or masters degree?

For undergrad :smile: just got the interview email today
Reply 31
Original post by konoto1999
For undergrad :smile: just got the interview email today

Ahh good luck! i just had my interview on the 1st and waiting for a respone ee
I’m doing MSc in Mental Health nursing lol
Reply 33
We should make a group chat for city offer holders
No, I haven't heard back yet
Reply 35
I applied for Mathematics and the A levels I did were maths, further maths and physics.
I wanted to go to uni that's relatively close to my house so I chose City:smile: I'm also a year older than most of you guys as I am currently in a gap year, so hopefully I can find someone who's in same situation as me.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 36
same here, gap year student
Original post by mio.h
I applied for Mathematics and the A levels I did were maths, further maths and physics.
I wanted to go to uni that's relatively close to my house so I chose City:smile: I'm also a year older than most of you guys as I am currently in a gap year, so hopefully I can find someone who's in same situation as me.
Original post by Sinnoh

3 - Why City?

1 - LLB Law
2 - A Level IT, Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Business
3 - Location, well known
4. Applied to Bristol, Surrey, Kent, Nottingham Trent

I wanted to ask, how strict are City about their conditions? I got an offer from them last night, however, it is way too high. I have an offer from all except Bristol (they haven't made a decision yet). Surrey (my firm if bristol does not give me an offer) has given me a requirement of achieving B in my A level. City gave me an offer yesterday, and have asked me for a B as well. Their offer to be specific, is to achieve 128 UCAS Points, including B in my A level. I had planned on making City my insurance choice as I expected them to only ask for 128 ucas points without asking me to get a B. Im predicted D*D* in my BTEC, which alone is 112 UCAS Points. Do you think if i end up achieving a C or D in my A level, I'll still be accepted? Because if not, City would be out of the equation for me.
Original post by Anonymous
1 - LLB Law
2 - A Level IT, Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Business
3 - Location, well known
4. Applied to Bristol, Surrey, Kent, Nottingham Trent

I wanted to ask, how strict are City about their conditions? I got an offer from them last night, however, it is way too high. I have an offer from all except Bristol (they haven't made a decision yet). Surrey (my firm if bristol does not give me an offer) has given me a requirement of achieving B in my A level. City gave me an offer yesterday, and have asked me for a B as well. Their offer to be specific, is to achieve 128 UCAS Points, including B in my A level. I had planned on making City my insurance choice as I expected them to only ask for 128 ucas points without asking me to get a B. Im predicted D*D* in my BTEC, which alone is 112 UCAS Points. Do you think if i end up achieving a C or D in my A level, I'll still be accepted? Because if not, City would be out of the equation for me.

City are not very strict at all, i think they'll accept you regardless. I got into a AAB course with BBB
If no one has made a group chat for offer holders in City yet message me and I'll send you a whatsapp group invite!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending