College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University of London 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

1- Law LLB (I have an offer now)
2 - English Literature, Business and History
3 - I really like the idea of going to a uni in London and it's not that difficult for me to commute
4 - Royal Holloway, Reading and Westminster

Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome to the applicant discussion thread, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course at City University of London for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

Questions to get things started -
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3 - Why City?
4 - Other unis you're interested in?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome to the applicant discussion thread, for anyone applying for an undergraduate course at City University of London for 2023 entry. Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers, get to know people who might be on your course.

Questions to get things started -
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
3 - Why City?
4 - Other unis you're interested in?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

1. International Politics and Sociology
2. Psychology, Sociology, Theatre studies
3. I want to study in London
4. KCL, Manchester, RHUL
Reply 42
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? The halls provided by the city university have awful reviews but I am struggling to find private halls for around £250 anywhere
Original post by 2760
Ahh good luck! i just had my interview on the 1st and waiting for a respone ee

have you had a response yet?
I've applied for Economics at city university of London. Ive got my offer and I am now considering putting it as my firm choice. Is the student life within the Uni good? Which is the best halls to book interms of sociability in 1st year?
Original post by alanb21
If no one has made a group chat for offer holders in City yet message me and I'll send you a whatsapp group invite!

Hey we can start a group chat for city applicant for 2023, drop me your instagram and i will add you
Original post by Shivam2211
I've applied for Economics at city university of London. Ive got my offer and I am now considering putting it as my firm choice. Is the student life within the Uni good? Which is the best halls to book interms of sociability in 1st year?

Hey we can start a group chat for city applicant for 2023, drop me your instagram and i will add you
Original post by Anonymous
Hey does anyone want to make a gc for city offer holders?

dm me with youyr instagram, we can start for 2023 applicants
Reply 48
Original post by phxb
Has anyone applied for accommodation yet? The halls provided by the city university have awful reviews but I am struggling to find private halls for around £250 anywhere

I'm struggling with this too, do you have any update?
Reply 49
I have asked around and I am still a bit conflicted conflicted. People are saying to go into halls as you will meet more people and it will be more social, but then others are saying to go private as there are better facilities and better value for money. I think I'm just going to go in halls because it is cheaper with less travelling and undergraduates are ensured a place on their first year. If it is that bad, can always go into private halls in 2nd year. Do you have any updates?
Original post by 2760
I'm struggling with this too, do you have any update?
Hi I was emailed about an Applicant day on the 25th March - I applied for Journalism, History and Politics.

My friend also applied and got an offer for City - she applied for midwifery yet she hasn't been emailed about an applicant day.

Are different courses having their applicant days on different days as we hoping to go up together.
hey man , i hv an offer from bayes b school. my Instagram is @yash.khemkaa , add me up . send me a message so I know it is u.

instagram is @yash.khemkaa
Has anyone who has had an interview for Speech and Language Therapy heard back? In the interview they said they will get back to us within 7-10 days and I know it's only been 7 days now but I'm just stressing and keep refreshing my email :woo:
Is there any GC for City offer holders that we can be added to?
Hey i got an offer for MSc accounting and Finance for 2023
Hi! Im not so sure who to ask but I need help with something. I have received both offers from Henley Business School (Reading) and Bayes (Cass) Business School (City, London), for International business/management. I am very confused as to which one I prefer and would rather go to. I was wondering if anyone has any insight or thoughts about which one I should consider as my top option, because as of right now I honestly have no clue. please let me know!
Original post by Shivam2211

Original post by phxb

Hi all,

First of all, congratulations on your offer. I am a final-year Economics student at City University and lived in halls during my first year. I lived in Romano Court, formerly known as Liberty Court, and found my experience very pleasant. When I was there, the facilities were nice and clean, my room and kitchen were spacious, the accommodation was very sociable and I made plenty of friends. Being so central, it is convenient for days out, nights out and travelling to the university (it's only a 10-minute walk). I had friends in the other accommodations, which are priced higher, and they had good experiences too. As, for private accommodation, you should consider what is most important to you and make an informed decision based on your priorities.

If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them.

-Luke, BSc Eonomics
Reply 58
I think you should go for cass/bayes, I received an offer for accounting and management and the reason I applied is that cass/bayes is a renowned institution, great rankings and has great graduate products. I have a few friends who go to city and they said the uni/life balance is really good too.
Hi! Im not so sure who to ask but I need help with something. I have received both offers from Henley Business School (Reading) and Bayes (Cass) Business School (City, London), for International business/management. I am very confused as to which one I prefer and would rather go to. I was wondering if anyone has any insight or thoughts about which one I should consider as my top option, because as of right now I honestly have no clue. please let me know!
Reply 59
Original post by CityUoLRep
Hi all,

First of all, congratulations on your offer. I am a final-year Economics student at City University and lived in halls during my first year. I lived in Romano Court, formerly known as Liberty Court, and found my experience very pleasant. When I was there, the facilities were nice and clean, my room and kitchen were spacious, the accommodation was very sociable and I made plenty of friends. Being so central, it is convenient for days out, nights out and travelling to the university (it's only a 10-minute walk). I had friends in the other accommodations, which are priced higher, and they had good experiences too. As, for private accommodation, you should consider what is most important to you and make an informed decision based on your priorities.

If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them.

-Luke, BSc Eonomics

In terms of the social aspects such as making friends and the facilities that are offered, do you think it would be better to apply to garden halls accommodation or one of the undergrad ones such as cross court house? Garden halls would be my top choice, but as its intercollegiate halls and a mix of undergraduate and postgraduate students I worry that it would be difficult to make friends. Do most undergraduate students tend to go in the undergraduate halls offered by the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending