The Student Room Group

Can I reduce the amount of maintenance loan I've requested?

I will be getting the full amount of maintenance loan as my family is low income. However, I have just found out I'll be getting a scholarship so won't need the full amount. I don't want to be paying a lot of interest on money I don't need. I've looked at the student finance website and can't see anything about whether - and if so how - you can ask for less money than you've already been offered. Anyone know?
Original post by momo947
I will be getting the full amount of maintenance loan as my family is low income. However, I have just found out I'll be getting a scholarship so won't need the full amount. I don't want to be paying a lot of interest on money I don't need. I've looked at the student finance website and can't see anything about whether - and if so how - you can ask for less money than you've already been offered. Anyone know?

Hi @momo947,

Congrats on your scholarship! For anything specific for student finance its always best getting in touch with them directly - their advisors are really helpful and will absolutely be able to point you in the right direction. I'd recommend giving them a call on 0300 100 0607. Their advice lines are open from 8am-8pm during the week so you've got plenty of time to have a chat with them!

Hope that helps - all the best with your course :biggrin:
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending