The Student Room Group

I just realized i only like girls i’ve known for years. Anybody else feels this way?

I’m a 20 yo guy. I work in a night club, so i usually see hordes of beautiful girls and so on. Ofc, in most of the cases, i end up thinking “she’s very pretty/hot/beautiful”, but nothing else.

Instead, i ended up falling in love with 2 girls in my whole life, and they both were classmates of mine. I’m afraid i won’t be able to get to know a girl that long and that deep (both of those girls are among my friends actually) in order to start feeling something for her now that i’m not going to school anymore.

I really need a strong bond, a real friendship, in order to start developing feelings for a girl. (ofc that doesn’t happen in most of the cases because i’ve got some girl friends too and i don’t like them in a romantic way)

Is this normal? Is there somebody else who feels like me?
This is actually quite common. Do some reading into demisexuality and what it means to be demiromantic. There are plenty of resources online.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a 20 yo guy.

Instead, i ended up falling in love with 2 girls in my whole life, and they both were classmates of mine. I’m afraid i won’t be able to get to know a girl that long and that deep (both of those girls are among my friends actually) in order to start feeling something for her now that i’m not going to school anymore.

'Your whole life'? You're only 20, you've only had a short time to be dating and you're basing your future on your experience with just 2 girls?

Don't self-sabotage. Sometimes you can meet someone and have an instant connection. I met a guy at work, we talked for a few hours over the next 4 days and started dating. He's now my long-term boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending