The Student Room Group

SFE, Placements and LOAs- confusion

So, I'm on this brand new course that has a really small class size. Essentially, this is placement year, but honestly, none of my applications were selected so I had just decided to go into final year. However, a few weeks ago my uni said that they won't be running final year so I have no option but to do the (optional) placement year- the irony.

I had already taken out my full student finance so I've had to adjust the tuition. But with the maintenance loans, the person from SFE said that I need to confirm with the uni about what I'm doing. Because if I won't be doing classes for 10 weeks or more I won't get full maintenance. FYI, i don't have a placement but I was going to get work experience somehow.

But anyways, now I'm thinking that I should just pay the uni the reduced tuition for placement and don't bother even taking out maintenance since it won't even be much. Any thoughts on if this makes sense? I know the option is there to do a Leave of Absence but I'm not too keen on having that on my record- especially since there's no real reason to take one. I'm probably not saying this correctly, but do LOAs make your record look bad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending