The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for maintenance loans?

Hi guys I intend in studying computer science or software engineering in Bournemouth university. However, I intend on doing a foundation and a placement year so my degree would last 5 years.

How would student finance maintenance loan work here? Would I be eligible to attain a maintenance loan and a student fee loan or all 5 years?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
You would get the full amount that’s awarded to you each year for the first four years and then you can apply for a reduced maintenance loan in Year 5 (it’s not very much, max around 2k ish) but not too sure whether SFE will pay your tuition fees in Year 5.
Reply 2
Original post by twahaa
You would get the full amount that’s awarded to you each year for the first four years and then you can apply for a reduced maintenance loan in Year 5 (it’s not very much, max around 2k ish) but not too sure whether SFE will pay your tuition fees in Year 5.

Ohh ok, thank you :smile:
Original post by Clivierx
Hi guys I intend in studying computer science or software engineering in Bournemouth university. However, I intend on doing a foundation and a placement year so my degree would last 5 years.

How would student finance maintenance loan work here? Would I be eligible to attain a maintenance loan and a student fee loan or all 5 years?

Thank you :smile:

As you've been told by SFE your other thread, "Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study." The funding you can apply for during a placement year will depend on the type of placement. Uni websites will have more information on placements and what you can and can't claim for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending