The Student Room Group

Anthropology applicants chat 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spilerrrrrr
Nice! Any favorites so far?

Hey, probably edinburgh since its a joint honours in linguistics and social anthropology which sounds rlly interesting to me :-) but id be happy with any.
only applied last week so not expecting any offers soon. is UCL your top one?
Original post by florence2004
Hey, probably edinburgh since its a joint honours in linguistics and social anthropology which sounds rlly interesting to me :-) but id be happy with any.
only applied last week so not expecting any offers soon. is UCL your top one?

Probably LSE which I have already , but I'm really keen on Edinburgh as well!
Probably LSE which I have already , but I'm really keen on Edinburgh as well!

nice! let me know when you (or anyone here!) hears back from ed!
Have any of you heard back from LSE\UCL\Durham? :smile:

i got offer from durham (anthropology) in November last year
Original post by Sylvia Zhang
i got offer from durham (anthropology) in November last year

O nice, me too, where else did you apply? What's ur first choice?:smile:
Reply 25
Hello! Just discovered this thread- I've applied for anthropology to Durham, Manchester, UCL and Bristol and received offers from Durham and Manchester. Has anyone here heard back from UCL recently? I've noticed quite a few people have applied there too.
Original post by ro_355
Hello! Just discovered this thread- I've applied for anthropology to Durham, Manchester, UCL and Bristol and received offers from Durham and Manchester. Has anyone here heard back from UCL recently? I've noticed quite a few people have applied there too.

I dont think anyone has heard back yet- I'm still waiting. Will let u know tho. Is it ur first choice?
Reply 27
I dont think anyone has heard back yet- I'm still waiting. Will let u know tho. Is it ur first choice?

It is, although I'm still waiting on Bristol too. Have you heard back from all your other choices?
Original post by ro_355

Hey- nice to meet you! I’m so glad to meet someone having the same choices for unis application and got offers from the exactly same unis! I’ve put ucl as my top choice as well, but still haven’t heard any reply yet.

Wish you luck for ur application and hope we will meet in ucl this Sep!!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 29
Original post by alwayslearningk
Hey- nice to meet you! I’m so glad to meet someone having the same choices for unis application and got offers from the exactly same unis! I’ve put ucl as my top choice as well, but still haven’t heard any reply yet.

Wish you luck for ur application and hope we will meet in ucl this Sep!!!

Hi, that's so cool! Good luck with your decisions too, fingers crossed for ucl!! :smile:
Its so good isnt it
O nice, me too, where else did you apply? What's ur first choice?:smile:

I supplied Oxford LSE UCL Manchester and Durham
got rejection from Oxford with no interview

and LSE is my firsst choice currently (L601)
I have got offer from Durham and Manchester (all in 2022/11)

About my background
I have achieved A*AA in Math FurtherMath and EPQ
WITH A*A perdicted in Physics and History

I am waiting for UCL and LSE now
worry about them

by the way I saw a rejection from LSE social anthropology(L601) this morning, so I feel anxiety
Original post by Sylvia Zhang
I supplied Oxford LSE UCL Manchester and Durham
got rejection from Oxford with no interview

and LSE is my firsst choice currently (L601)
I have got offer from Durham and Manchester (all in 2022/11)

About my background
I have achieved A*AA in Math FurtherMath and EPQ
WITH A*A perdicted in Physics and History

I am waiting for UCL and LSE now
worry about them

by the way I saw a rejection from LSE social anthropology(L601) this morning, so I feel anxiety

Oh damn -- I think they're staggering it as I got my offer in early January
I wish they'd send them all out on the same-day!!
I hope to see u at LSE :smile:)
can't believe I haven't found this chat sooner! I've been very lucky as I already have all my offers, so its all about deciding now :smile: Happy to talk about anything/everything anthropology and life related however!
Original post by mooomin
can't believe I haven't found this chat sooner! I've been very lucky as I already have all my offers, so its all about deciding now :smile: Happy to talk about anything/everything anthropology and life related however!

Well done!!!! Where do you have offers from\ whats ur first choice?
The wait goes on for St Andrews and Edinburgh. Withdrew my Cambridge and LSE applications, best to leave them open for someone else (If it even works like that).
Original post by random_matt
The wait goes on for St Andrews and Edinburgh. Withdrew my Cambridge and LSE applications, best to leave them open for someone else (If it even works like that).

Convinced we will all be dead before the Scottish unis reply
Well done!!!! Where do you have offers from\ whats ur first choice?

thanks so much!

Cambridge, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Exeter and Manchester :smile:

There are so few Anthropology courses I think I've applied for very similar ones as everyone else, but that's nice in a lot of ways! I didn't fancy the biological side much however so I didn't apply to Durham or UCL (Durham is BEAUTIFUL though)

At the moment I think I'll end up firming Cambridge; St Andrews is tempting in a lot of ways though so its not set in stone
Original post by mooomin
thanks so much!

There are so few Anthropology courses I think I've applied for very similar ones as everyone else, but that's nice in a lot of ways! I didn't fancy the biological side much however so I didn't apply to Durham or UCL (Durham is BEAUTIFUL though)

At the moment I think I'll end up firming Cambridge; St Andrews is tempting in a lot of ways though so its not set in stone

Cambridge does not do straight Anthropology.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mooomin
thanks so much!

Ooh amazing!! Well done on Cambridge omg! HSPS is a great degree. Just to fuel my own neurosis -- was it straight Social Anthropology at Edinburgh or did you go for joint? I've applied for arch and anth there and still haven't heard back :\

I applied to Durham and ucl even though I'd agree that social is the more intriguing side of Anthropology haha -- was such a pain for personal statement writing tho.

Anyhow if you're looking for my 2 cents on the Cambridge v StA -- St A is so lovely and might make for a more holistic uni experience than Cambridge. But it's so hard to turn oxbridge down haha. Also depends on what you want do after!

It must be so nice to be free of the stress finally!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending