The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge hill Medicine foundation year application

I was having difficulty with the wording for edge hill's foundation year. They state:
"Have lived in the North West of England (Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria) for at least one year immediately prior to the point of application."

I lived in Greater Manchester for 3 years before coming to London to further my education and meet all their other criteria. But the "immediately prior" bit is making me a bit nervous to put it on my appplications. I have also tried calling and emailed them ( email was just reiterating what was on their prospectus). Is my anxiety in vain? If so could someone clarify whether I'm eligible.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cooljere1
I was having difficulty with the wording for edge hill's foundation year. They state:
"Have lived in the North West of England (Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria) for at least one year immediately prior to the point of application."

I lived in Greater Manchester for 3 years before coming to London to further my education and meet all their other criteria. But the "immediately prior" bit is making me a bit nervous to put it on my appplications. I have also tried calling and emailed them ( email was just reiterating what was on their prospectus). Is my anxiety in vain? If so could someone clarify whether I'm eligible.

Hi @cooljere1,

I am sorry to hear the entry criteria for our medicine with foundation year course is confusing.

This course is aimed at students who currently live in the North West of England. Unfortunately, because you currently live in London you wouldn't be eligible to apply.

Our five-year MBChB Medicine course is open to student across the UK.

I hope this helps and good luck with your future studies.

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending