The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Keon_J
I need some recommendations on some Men's Perfumes that I'm trying to buy as a gift for someone. Any recommendations would be great!

I know some of the perfumes he really likes (if this helps):
Versace Dylan Blue
Mont Blanc Explorer
Dior Sauvage

one million is good - a bit expensive though
Original post by Keon_J
I need some recommendations on some Men's Perfumes that I'm trying to buy as a gift for someone. Any recommendations would be great!

Versace Dylan Blue
Mont Blanc Explorer
Dior Sauvage

Would like recommend le labo santal 33, it's unisex and smells like no other. Also you gotta try Creed Aventus is the best out there, the choice is yours.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by spk3334

One million feels a bit outdated now though. That fragrance has been out for a long time. I know he's not that much of a fan of one million.
Original post by spk3334

One million hardly release
Reply 5
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Would like recommend le labo santal 33, it's unisex and smells like no other. Also you gotta try Creed Aventus is the best out there, the choice is yours.

Aventus Creed is a bit too overpriced imo though. Mont Blanc Explorer and Club De Nuit are good cheaper alternatives I would say. Le labo santal is expensive tho! I'll give it a go
Original post by Keon_J
Aventus Creed is a bit too overpriced imo though. Mont Blanc Explorer and Club De Nuit are good cheaper alternatives I would say. Le labo santal is expensive tho! I'll give it a go

Creed is way too pricey, definitely agreed by your choices. Le labo santal 33 comes in EDP form so it's more potent and lasts much longer, definitely worth the extra cost ngl
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Keon_J

Versace Dylan Blue
Mont Blanc Explorer
Dior Sauvage

I'd steer clear of buying scent for a man (ladies have 'perfume', not men). It's such a personal thing, and it's a lot of money to spend on something which he really might not like. Unless he's specifically mentioned a scent by name (such as the ones you've listed above), I wouldn't buy something 'hoping' that he'll like it.
Original post by Keon_J

Versace Dylan Blue
Mont Blanc Explorer
Dior Sauvage

Those are all blue fragrances. Seems like a pattern. He’s bound to like bleu de chanel, EDT best in my opinion :smile:
Tom ford oud wood
Original post by Reality Check
I'd steer clear of buying scent for a man (ladies have 'perfume', not men). It's such a personal thing, and it's a lot of money to spend on something which he really might not like. Unless he's specifically mentioned a scent by name (such as the ones you've listed above), I wouldn't buy something 'hoping' that he'll like it.

I agree with this, especially when perfumes are something that might smell differently on different people.
Reply 11
Original post by Reality Check

Men have perfumes as well! He bought me a perfume last year which I wasn't sure of first but really started to grow fond of after wearing it a couple of times.
It's a good point though, that's why I'm really struggling on deciding on what to get, I don't want to get something he doesn't like cause I know he's mentioned that before. Someone has bought him a fragrance which he has ended up not liking.
Reply 12
Original post by ST_786
Those are all blue fragrances. Seems like a pattern. He’s bound to like bleu de chanel, EDT best in my opinion :smile:

Yhh I would defintely like Blue De Chanel myself but I remember him saying a while back that he's not that much of a fan of blue de chanel.
These perfumes are the best and I liked Versace Dylan Blue among these perfumes.
If it's going to be designer, it's best to stick with what you know is a hit for him in all honesty. It's not cheap stuff and it'll only sting if it turns out he doesn't like it and doesn't wear it. Hard to say out of the lot, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a bottle of Sauvage. Great scent and often leads to compliments
Reply 16
Original post by TheMcSame
If it's going to be designer, it's best to stick with what you know is a hit for him in all honesty. It's not cheap stuff and it'll only sting if it turns out he doesn't like it and doesn't wear it. Hard to say out of the lot, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a bottle of Sauvage. Great scent and often leads to compliments

Ended up going with Sauvage and deffo don't regret it.
Original post by Keon_J

Versace Dylan Blue
Mont Blanc Explorer
Dior Sauvage

Anything but Axe. It's so strong that it makes girls choke. (Take it from someone who had both locker rooms smelling like Axe the whole year in middle school. A death trap for anyone.)
Reply 18
Original post by Auriel Gartener
Anything but Axe. It's so strong that it makes girls choke. (Take it from someone who had both locker rooms smelling like Axe the whole year in middle school. A death trap for anyone.)

Axe do perfumes?
Original post by Keon_J
Ended up going with Sauvage and deffo don't regret it.

Great choice. I recently just bought a new bottle of sauvage edt also it’s essential lol.

Latest