The Student Room Group

Carol Ann Duffy Coursework

I know I want to focus on Medusa, Circe, and Eurydice, and I've already spoken to my teacher and she agrees they're a good match. I'm just struggling with creating a question that really explores all of them and isn't too broad. I think a focus on relationships, and how women are changed by men (maybe). Once again, I've not really thought too deep into it I just wanted some advice for people who've done their coursework or know more than me that'd be able to help, I do want to stick to those poems though I just need a theme for my question.
i did mean time by carol ann duffy for my a level english! so whilst i'm not familiar with her other work, the same themes seem to always be explored within her poetry.

i would certainly say to follow the lines of how women are changed by men. you could do "influence of others" or "influence of men"- or even you could have a more broad "how abuse of power is explored in the poems" or "how gender is portrayed".
Reply 2
Original post by Starrytillymae
i did mean time by carol ann duffy for my a level english! so whilst i'm not familiar with her other work, the same themes seem to always be explored within her poetry.

i would certainly say to follow the lines of how women are changed by men. you could do "influence of others" or "influence of men"- or even you could have a more broad "how abuse of power is explored in the poems" or "how gender is portrayed".

Thank you. I was thinking about going down the route of influence of men, in the poems I've studied it was a common theme for men to influence the portrayed women's behaviour, so this has definitely set me on that route. :-)
Reply 3
If you are still stuck, this can be done. look for coursenerds
Original post by jossiee
Thank you. I was thinking about going down the route of influence of men, in the poems I've studied it was a common theme for men to influence the portrayed women's behaviour, so this has definitely set me on that route. :-)

so so glad i could help! good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending