The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan doesn't cover accommodation costs, don't know what to do.

I've chosen the cheapest accommodation I could find and it still doesn't cover rent let alone food, clothing etc... Parents recently split up so their income is likely lower than it originally was when they submitted it, asking them for help with paying for accommodation as well as food clothing phone bills and everything else just seems like too much to ask for : (

FYI, Total student finance is: £ 4,524.00
Total Accommodation Cost is: £5,104.00
I study Physics in UoN: so getting a job is a no as I literally do not have the time
(edited 1 year ago)
So are you at university now? I’m confused because I assume your rent is already due for uni accommodation.
You are going to have to work like most students do, with all due respect although physics is not an easy course if people like medicine students can work alongside their studies and make it work, you will be able to make it work if you need to.
It’s the situation many students include myself will find ourselves in and hence what part time jobs are for.
Original post by Mr Saturn
I've chosen the cheapest accommodation I could find and it still doesn't cover rent let alone food, clothing etc... Parents recently split up so their income is likely lower than it originally was when they submitted it, asking them for help with paying for accommodation as well as food clothing phone bills and everything else just seems like too much to ask for : (

I study Physics in UoN: so getting a job is a no as I literally do not have the time

Original post by Mr Saturn

The loan application can be amended. Look for more guidance via: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/change-an-application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending