The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Official University of East Anglia (UEA) 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

heyy,

I've applied to UEA and I currently hold an offer for Creative Writing and English Lit. I've put UEA as my firm and hoping to go in Sept if i get the grades <3 looking to connect with anyone on the English Creative writing course 🙂
(edited 11 months ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by lou04xo
heyy,

My name is Louisa, currently studying English, Sociology and Performing Arts. At UEA I currently hold an offer for Creative Writing and English Lit. I've put UEA as my firm and hoping to go in Sept if i get the grades <3 looking to connect with anyone on the English Creative writing course 🙂

heya!! im may and i also hold an offer from uea for english and cw. nice to meet you :smile: whats ur insurance
heyy nice to meet you too :smile: my insurance is leeds arts, hbu?
Original post by leixki
Yep I did and and going again tomorrow for my applicants day

Hey @leixki!

How did you find your applicant day? I hope you managed to gain some more insight from students and academics into what studying here would be like with (potentially!) your cohort :smile:

Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Original post by mthewriter
heya!! im may and i also hold an offer from uea for english and cw. nice to meet you :smile: whats ur insurance

Hey @mthewriter :smile:

Congrats on both you offers to study here at UEA! That's amazing news!

Do let me know if you've got any questions :smile:
Original post by lou04xo
heyy,

My name is Louisa, currently studying English, Sociology and Performing Arts. At UEA I currently hold an offer for Creative Writing and English Lit. I've put UEA as my firm and hoping to go in Sept if i get the grades <3 looking to connect with anyone on the English Creative writing course 🙂

Hi @lou04xo!

That's wonderful to hear that you're putting UEA as your firm choice :h: Best of luck with your A Levels and hopefully see you in September!

Feel free to ask any questions about UEA or Uni life in general!
heyy trying to find people who have applied for BSc Physiotherapy bc i don't know anybody who has
Reply 87
Original post by UEA Rep Isabella
Hey @leixki!

How did you find your applicant day? I hope you managed to gain some more insight from students and academics into what studying here would be like with (potentially!) your cohort :smile:

Heyy I enjoyed applicants day, I had more insight into life at UEA as well as what we will be doing during my nursing programme. I must say the teachers lectures there are the nicest people you will ever meet. They seem so friendly and so supportive which is one of the main things I'm also looking for in a university
Original post by leixki
Heyy I enjoyed applicants day, I had more insight into life at UEA as well as what we will be doing during my nursing programme. I must say the teachers lectures there are the nicest people you will ever meet. They seem so friendly and so supportive which is one of the main things I'm also looking for in a university

Hi @leixki!

That’s great to hear you've had such a positive experience! I can completely agree with the fact that all our lecturers are super nice and supportive and definitely willing to help whenever! :smile:

Do you have any other questions about UEA? Wishing you the best of luck with your A Levels :smile:
Original post by UEA Rep Lucy
Hi :smile:
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
UEA Rep Lucy

Hi there

Got an unconditional offer so I’ll be heading to UEA in September to study Biology - very excited.

However, I’ve seen a lot of of info online saying there’s been some financial issues due to Covid over the past year and I’m wondering if that’s affected student life in anyway? I’m sure it hasn’t but I was just curious.

Cheers!
Which month will uea release CAS to undergraduates.
Received an unconditional offer today for Msc finance & management . As a international student does anyone know how much time will it take for Uni to give CAS letter. Excited to be part of Uni.
Original post by Deepakb26
Received an unconditional offer today for Msc finance & management . As a international student does anyone know how much time will it take for Uni to give CAS letter. Excited to be part of Uni.

Hey @Deepakb26!

Congratulations on your offer! That's amazing :smile: As someone who's part of the Norwich Business School and doing a postgrad course, I know how wonderful all of the staff, academics and fellow students are and they all truly make your experience so much better!

As for your CAS letter, this is an extremely busy period for admissions therefore it may take a little longer than expected, however please do not hesitate to email them here: [email protected].

Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership) :smile:
Original post by UEA Rep Lucy
Hi :smile:
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
UEA Rep Lucy

When will UEA release CAS to international students
Reply 94
I'm over the moon that I just recieved two unconditional offers for both creative writing courses after finally submitting my portfolio. Now I just have to pick between them :smile: so I'm going to the applicant day in may as I still haven't visited.

Such a relief to know I'm going to UEA next september. What is everyone doing for accomadation? I can't decide if I should live in halls but I guess I'll know more when I see them.

I hope everyone's exams goes well and everyone gets the grades they need! Good Luck!
Reply 95
Original post by lou04xo
heyy,

Original post by mthewriter

Hello, I'm Joe :smile: How did you pick between the two CW courses?
Original post by j0mezz
I'm over the moon that I just recieved two unconditional offers for both creative writing courses after finally submitting my portfolio. Now I just have to pick between them :smile: so I'm going to the applicant day in may as I still haven't visited.

Such a relief to know I'm going to UEA next september. What is everyone doing for accomadation? I can't decide if I should live in halls but I guess I'll know more when I see them.

I hope everyone's exams goes well and everyone gets the grades they need! Good Luck!

Hi @j0mezz :h:

That is amazing - congratulations! You should be so proud. Coming to an applicant day is definitely a good idea as they offer a really valuable insight, and should definitely help you in making a decision as to which creative writing course you'll choose. We can't wait to welcome you onto our campus! If you get time, take a look around Norwich city centre too (a short bus journey away) as it's a lovely place to explore! If you have any questions about UEA or being a student in our lovely city, then do just let me know!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
Original post by tommy_stott
Hi there

Got an unconditional offer so I’ll be heading to UEA in September to study Biology - very excited.

However, I’ve seen a lot of of info online saying there’s been some financial issues due to Covid over the past year and I’m wondering if that’s affected student life in anyway? I’m sure it hasn’t but I was just curious.

Cheers!

Hello @tommy_stott :smile:
That`s amazing! UEA is great for Biology :smile:

Regarding financial issues, none of that should impact the quality of teaching the teaching you receive and the social life, in terms of all the amazing societies that still are running!
If you have any questions about the current student life and what societies we offer, please let me know :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle
Hi @j0mezz :h:

That is amazing - congratulations! You should be so proud. Coming to an applicant day is definitely a good idea as they offer a really valuable insight, and should definitely help you in making a decision as to which creative writing course you'll choose. We can't wait to welcome you onto our campus! If you get time, take a look around Norwich city centre too (a short bus journey away) as it's a lovely place to explore! If you have any questions about UEA or being a student in our lovely city, then do just let me know!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies

Hi @j0mezz
Just to add to what Danielle said, congratulations on your offer!
Once you visit the applicant day, please let me know if you have any further questions! :smile:
And I would for sure recommend doing some accomodation tours at the applicant day and figure out if they are for you and as my fellow rep said definitely go and visit Norwich city centre if you haven`t already!
UEA Rep Lucy :smile:
3rd Year Economics with a year abroad
Original post by Lawrence owusu
When will UEA release CAS to international students

Hello @Lawrence owusu
For individual updates on CAS I would recommend emailing admissions: [email protected]
This is a very period for admissions so may take longer than expected, but please do email them to find out! :smile:
If there are any other questions I can help with please let me know :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
3rd year Economics with a year abroad student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending